Dr. Ashu Sharma
Position - Programme Chairperson - Executive MBA & Associate Professor
Phone - 022 4235 5555
Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
Academic and Professional Qualification
- Ph. D, Maharshi Dayanand Saraswati University,Ajmer, Rajasthan
- Dissertation Title: “Application of Turnaround Strategy on selected Cotton Textile Industries of Jaipur.”
FDP, Faculty Development Programme, IIM (Ahmedabad), 2005
- NET, National Eligibility Test, University Grants Commission (UGC), 2003
- M.Sc. (Maths), Maharshi Dayanand Saraswati University, Ajmer, 1999
- MBA, Maharshi Dayanand Saraswati University, Ajmer, 1998
Honors and Awards
- “SME alliances & leveraging human capital” session chair at the 2015 IMRA-IIMB International Conference held at IIM Bangalore, 16-18 December’ 2015.
- Received Best Paper Award for “Using The Turnaround Model As A Framework For Improvement And Change With Special Reference To SMEs: A Case Study” presented at the Milagrow World SME Conference, 2009.
- Invited as an Expert at IIIM, Jaipur for the "Summer Training Project Report Presentation”, December’ 2013.
- Session Chair during 2nd International Conference on Soft Computing for Problem Solving ‘SocPros12’ organized by JK Lakshmipat University in association with Liverpool Hope University, UK and IIT Roorkee, 2012.
- “JIT in Warehousing Operations: An Analytical Study of Cement Industry, paper was listed on SSRN’s Top Ten download list for Operations Research eJournal, 2012.
- Invited as an Expert in National Case Writing Contest at Amity University, Rajasthan, November’ 2011.
- Member of Board of Studies of JK Lakshmipat University from 2011-14
- Chairperson of MBA (Full Time Residential) at Institute of Management, JK Lakshmipat University, Jaipur (2011-13).
- Chairperson of Faculty Development Programme (FDP) at Institute of Management, JK Lakshmipat University, Jaipur (2010-2012).
- Head of Department of Management Studies at Maharshi Arvind Institute of Science and Management, Jaipur (2001-2008).
- Invited as guest speaker for sessions on “Retail Distribution and Supply Chain Management” organized by Management Institutions.
- Examiner and paper setter of six universities in Rajasthan for the last 14 years.
- Member, International Management Research Academy (IMRA), London, United Kingdom, (2015)
- Member, IIMA-Mumbai chapter (2015), (Alumnus IIMA 2005 Batch)
- Professional Member with International Society for Development and Sustainability (ISDS), Japan, (2015).
- Life member of Operational Research Society of India (ORSI),(2011).
- Member of All India Management Association (AIMA), 2014-15.
- Ex. Honorary Secretary (Jaipur Chapter) - April 2013-14 and Life Member of Indian Society for Training and Development (ISTD)-2011.
- Life Member of IIM Ahmedabad Alumni Association (IIMA), (2005).
- Reviewer with International Association for Business and Economics (IABE), Society for Global Business and Economic Development (SGBED), Russia, (2012).
- Senior Member scientific and technical committee and reviewer with International Association of Computer Science and Information Technology (IACSIT), Singapore, (2012)
Operations Management, Quality Management, Supply Chain Management, Decision Analysis and Modelling
Teaching Experience - 16 Years
Teaching and Pedagogical Innovations
Case Method of Teaching, Use of Software
Service to the University
Service to the School
Faculty Guide for Capstone and We Care Projects.
Ph. D. Topic
“Application of Turnaround Strategy on selected Cotton Textile Industries of Jaipur.”
Operations, Supply Chain Management and Total Quality Management.
Ph.D. supervisor for three Research Scholars. Two PhD scholars of JK Lakshmipat University, Jaipur are awarded Ph.D. Degree in November 2015. Also 6 Research Scholars pursued Course work under her guidance. Conducted Sessions for PhD Seminar course for PhD scholars in Operations Management at SBM, NMIMS, Mumbai.
- Upinder Dhar, Santosh Dhar, Ashu Sharma edited Monograph Series (03/2012), JK Lakshmipat University on “Cases in Management – Experiences in India”, December’ 2012.
- Upinder Dhar, Santosh Dhar, Ashu Sharma edited Monograph Series (01/2011), JK Lakshmipat University on “Case Method in Management - An Indian Outlook”, December’ 2011.
- Adarsh Mangal, Ashu Sharma (June, 2010) “A Textbook of Quantitative Techniques for Management”, Dhanpat Rai Publications, New Delhi