Dr. Chandan Dasgupta
Position - Professor and Area Chairperson Finance, SBM, NMIMS
Phone - 91-22-42355555
Email - email@example.com
Academic and Professional Qualification
- Ph.D., Hemchandracharya North Gujarat University, 2007.
- CMA, Institute of Certified Management Accountants, 2006.
- ICWAI, 1990.
- MBA, Jadavpur University, 1988.
- CAIIB, Indian Institute of Bankers, 1987.
Honors and Awards
Dewang Mehta B-School Award for Best Teacher in Financial Management, (2010).
Best teacher Award, NMIMS, (2008).
Fellow Member, Institute of Cost Accountants of India, (2008 - Present).
Financial Management, Financial Accounting, Cost Accounting, Management Accounting, Strategic Cost Management, Management Control System, Banking & Financial Services, Working Capital Management, Lease Financing, Corporate Finance, Commercial Bank Management, Applied Finance.
Teaching Experience - 24 Years
Teaching and Pedagogical Innovations
Extensive use of participant-centered learning
Industry/ Consulting Experience - 23 Years
Worked in a frontline sector bank in India in senior management grade in the following strategic units of the bank:–Industrial Finance Branch, Lease department, Investment and funds management department, Branch banking, Computer Policy and Planning department, Organizational restructuring, Insurance, Faculty member.
Service to the University
Committee Member, Board of Management, (2012 - 2013).
Service to the School
- Area Chairperson-Finance, SBM, NMIMS
- Committee Chair, Finnomenon Cell (Finance Cell) (2008 - Present)
- Former Associate Dean – MBA Program, SBM, NMIMS
- Former Chairperson- MBA Banking, SBM, NMIMS
Study of the need for an integrated Risk Management System in India Banks
Finance and Banking
Refereed Journal Articles
- Kachwala, T., Bhadra, A., Bali, A., Dasgupta, C. (2018). Measuring Customer Satisfaction & Service Quality in Tourism Industry. Smart Journal of Business Management Studies, 14(1), 16-25. www.smartjournalbms.org
- Pandey, A. K., Dasgupta, C., Kachwala, T. (2017). RISING LEVEL OF STRESSED ASSETS IN PUBLIC SECTOR BANKS AND IMPACT THEREOF ON THE BANKS’ STABILITY IN INDIA. Smart Journal of Business Management Studies, 13(2), 42-50. www.smartjournalbms.org
- Banerjee, S., Dasgupta, C. (2017). Financial Condition Index: Could it be a better policy instrument in context of India? Indian Journal of Economics & Business, XVI(1), 153-160.
- Kachwala, T., Dasgupta, C., Mukherjee, P. N. (2017). Service Quality in Library from Customer’s point of view. Smart Journal of Business Management Studies, 13(1), 11-18. www.smartjournalbms.org
- Marakarkandy, D. B., Yajnik, N., Dasgupta, C. (2016). Enabling Internet Banking Adoption: An Empirical Examination with an Augmented Technology Acceptance Model (TAM). Journal of Enterprise Information Management, Emerald Publishing Limited, 30(2), 263-294.
- Pandey, A. K., Dasgupta, C. (2016). INTEGRATED RISK MANAGEMENT IN THE INDIAN BANKING SECTOR AND IMPACT OF CREDIT RISK MANAGEMENT ON THE BANKS’ PROFITABILITY. SMART Journal of Business Management Studies, XII(2).
- Gaikar, D. D., Marakarkandy, B., Dasgupta, C. (2015). Using Twitter data to predict the performance of Bollywood movies. Industrial Management & Data Systems, 115(9), 1604 -1621.
- Dasgupta, C. (2014). Reverse Mortgages in the India Housing Market: A Review. IJIMBS, IV(1).
- Dasgupta, C., Daptardar, A., Krishnamoorthy, S. (2013). Reaching To Masses Through Financial Inclusion. Zenith International Journal of Business Economics & Management ResearchRESEARCH - ZIJBEMR, III(9).
- Dasgupta, C. (2013). Chapters 3, 5 and 7. Management Accounting. Oxford University Press.
- Dasgupta, C. (2012). Chapters 13 to 20. Financial Management. New Delhi: Pearson Education.
- Dasgupta, C., Daptardar, A., 2nd international Conference on Changes and Challenges in Commerce, Engineering, Technology and Social Sciences, "Changes and Challenges in Commerce, Engineering, Technology and Social Sciences," International Association of Academicians and Researchers (INAAR) and Indo Global Chamber of Commerce, Industries and Agriculture (IGCCIA), MCCIA Pune. (July 2013).
Intellectual Contributions in Submission
Refereed Journal Articles
- Kachwala, T., Bhadra, A., Bali, A., Dasgupta, C. Measuring Customer Satisfaction & Service Quality in Tourism Industry. Smart Journal of Business Management Studies. www.smartjournalbms.org