Assistant Professor, SBM, NMIMS
Phone - 022 4235 5555
Email - email@example.com
- PhD, IIT, 2012.
Major: Language and Communication
- MCmS, University of Pune, 2004.
Major: Communication Studies (Media Research)
- BCS, Modern College, University of Pune, 2002.
Academic, Government, Military and Professional Positions
Academic - P-12
- Assistant Professor, MICA, Ahmedabad. (2014 - Present).
Academic - Post-Secondary
- Post Doctoral Fellow, MICA, Ahmedabad. (2013 - 2014).
- Researcher (Communication), Centre for Media Studies, New Delhi. (2004 - 2007).
Published Intellectual Contributions
Refereed Journal Articles
- Kulkarni, D. (in press). Self-repair in Instant Messaging Interactions. Journal of Creative Communications, Sage Publications.
- Kulkarni, D. (2013). Exploring Jakobson's Phatic Function in Instant Messaging Interactions. Journal of Discourse and Communication, Sage Publications, II(2), 117-136.
- Kulkarni, D. (2015). Instant Messaging: The Medium and it's Discourse (pp. 209-229). New Delhi: Metamorphosis of New Media and Digital Culture, Lenin Media.
- Kulkarni, D., 14th International Pragmatics Conference, "Forestalling trouble through self-repair in Instant Messaging Interactions," Antwerp, Belgium. (July 26, 2015).
- Kulkarni, D., 13th International Pragmatics Conference, "A pragmatic account of phatic utterances," New Delhi, India. (September 13, 2013).
- Kulkarni, D., Metamorphosis of New Media and Digital Culture, "Instant Messaging: The Medium and its Discourse," University of Pune. (March 9, 2013).
- Kulkarni, D., 12 International Pragmatics Conference, "Phatic communion on instant messaging: A conversation analytic approach," Manchester, UK. (July 8, 2011).