Dr. Tohid T. Kachwala
Position- Discipline Chairperson Operations & Decision Sciences & Professor
Phone - (022) 4235-5555
Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
Academic and Professional Qualification
- Ph.D., Hemachandracharia North Gujarat University, 2007.
Supporting Areas of Emphasis: Total Quality Management in Service Sector
- MBA, University of Mumbai, 1990.
Major: Operations Management
Supporting Areas of Emphasis: Quantitative Techniques
Dissertation Title: Impact of Safety on Cost of Accidents
- B.E., VJTI (University of Mumbai), 1984.
Major: Mechanical Engineering
Supporting Areas of Emphasis: Industrial Engineering
Dissertation Title: Fabrication of Control temperature bath for Engine Performance testing
Honors and Awards
- “Securing first rank in the University at The Masters in Administrative Management Program” presented by Bombay University
- Best Teacher in Operations Management, Dewang Mehta Business School Award. (November 2009).
- Outstanding Teacher, Bombay Management Association. (April 2009).
- Best Faculty, NMIMS. (April 2007).
Life Member, Indian Society for Training & Development. (2003 - Present).
Reviewed Research Papers in the capacity of Reviewer,
Statistical Analysis for Business Decision, Decision Analysis & Modeling, Managing Business Operations, Modeling for Decision Making, Workshops on Excel & SPSS for Basic Statistics
Teaching Experience - 23 Years
Teaching and Pedagogical Innovations
Use of Software & Case Studies for all the subjects
Industry / Consulting Experience
Service to the University
Selection Panel, Admission. (for all programs)
Guide to 8 PhD students
Service to the School
Contributed in various capacities like,
- MBA (Part Time) Academic coordinator (2 years)
- HOD – Operations Management (2 years)
- HOD – Decision Sciences (1 year)
- Chairperson – Services Management (2 years)
- Founder Editor, NMIMS MBA Services Management: ServeArthan Magazine. (October 2008 - March 2010).
- Faculty Mentor, We Care.
A study of Impact of Quality Management Practices in select Indian Service Companies
Quality Management, Operations Management, Inter disciplinary Research (Finance, Marketing)
- Kachwala, T., Prajapati, D. B. A. (2011). Study of Impact of Quality Management Practices in Select Indian Service Companies. Dudweiler Landstrabe - Saarbrucken: LAP Lambert Academic Publishing GmBH & co.. http://www.lap-publishing.com
- Mukherjee, P. N., Kachwala, T. (2009). Operations Management & Productivity Techniques (1st ed., vol. 1, pp. 432). Delhi: PHI Learning Pvt. Ltd..
Refereed Journal Articles
- Kachwala, T. T. (2015). Factors influencing Total Service Quality, Advances in Management, 8(4), 03-11. www.worldresearchjournals.com
- Kachwala, T. (2014). Total Quality Management in Banks, SS International Journal of Business and Management Research, Vol. 4(Issue 4), Page 33 - 52. Available on Line at www.ssirn.com
- Kachwala, T. (2014). Total Quality Management in Hospitals, Zenith International Research & Academic Foundation (ZIRAF), Vol.6(6)(Issue 6), Chapter 17, Page 196-209. www.zenithresearch.org.in (Through Cabell)
- Tohid Kachwala & CD Sreedharan (April 2014), Research paper on “Foreign Aid in India – A Critical Study” published in Zenith International Journal of Business Economics and Management Research, ZIJBEMR Online ISSN 2249-8826 – Vol.4(4) Issue 4, Chapter 12, Page 92-104, April 2014, Impact factor 0.503
- Tohid Kachwala & Amit Bhadra (April 2014), Research paper on “Challenges in Productivity Measurements & improvements in service organization” published in Excel International Journal of Multidisciplinary Management Studies, EIJMMS Online ISSN 2249-8834 – Vol.4(4) Issue 4, Chapter 12, Page 104-116, April 2014, Impact factor 0.526.
- Kachwala, T. (2004). In Dr. Vasant Patankar (Ed.), Quality Management (Paper 9 ed., vol. 1, pp. 27 pages). Mumbai, Maharashtra: NMIMS Knowledge Management Series. www.nmims.edu
- Kachwala, T. (2003). Optimizing Models in Operations Research. Mumbai, Maharashtra: NMIMS Knowledge Management Series.