Dr. Veena Vohra
Position - Associate Dean and Professor – Human Resources and Behavioral Sciences, SBM, NMIMS
Phone - 91-22-4235 5555
Email - email@example.com
Academic and Professional Qualification
- Ph.D., Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies, 2012.
- M.S., IPMS, 2004.
Major: Psychotherapy & Counseling
- Diploma in Training & Development, Indian Society for Training & Development, New Delhi, 1999 (Awarded Gold Medal)
- MBA (HR), Institute of Management Technology, IMT Ghaziabad, 1994.
Major: Human Resource Development
- B.Sc. (Hons.), University of Rajasthan, 1992. (Appeared in University Merit List all three years)
Honors and Awards
- Silver Award Winner for SBM NMIMS at Indian Management Conclave for the category Leadership in Corporate Engagement for the “Integration Challenge” feature of the MBA Program, (2016)
- Best Faculty Award at the School of Business Management, NMIMS (2015)
- Best Academic Institute of the Year Award for contribution in the field of HR at the SHRM Annual HR Conference. (2014)
- Gold Award at Indian Management Conclave, New Delhi for Curriculum and Pedagogical Innovations in MBA HR (2014)
- Higher Education Forum Award – Best Teacher Award for Outstanding Contribution to Teaching, (HRM & Training), (2011)
- Best Professor in Human Resource Management, Asia's Best B-School Awards. (2010).
- Best Teacher in Human Resource Management, 17th Dewang Mehta Business School Awards. (2009).
- Best Faculty Award, NMIMS. (2008 & 2012).
- Attended Global Colloquium on Participant Centered Learning at Harvard Business School, Boston. (2008)
- Reviewer for HRM track for Indian Academy Of Management Conference held at IIM Ahmedabad, 2013.
- Reviewer with the OB Area of the Academy of Management, USA for the Annual AOM Conferences.
- HR Analytics
- EQ-I 2.0 and EQ 360 Certification
Emotional Intelligence Learning Systems assessments and learning programs
- Accredited administrator of the MBTI
- Belbin Interplace and Team Role Accreditation
- Certified Professional Behavioral Analyst
- Trained Corporate Coach
- Member of International Leadership Association (ILA).
- Founder Member of Forum for Emotional Intelligence Learning (FEIL)
- Institutional nominee to Indian Society for Training & Development from NMIMS
- Institutional nominee to Bombay Management Association from SBM,NMIMS
- Associate Member of Indian Society for Applied Behavioural Science (ISABS)
- Member of HRM Committee of Bombay Chamber of Commerce & Industries (BCCI)
- Researcher Member with Appreciative Inquiry Commons
Individual Dynamics and Leadership, Organizational Behaviour, Human Resource Management, Change Management and Organization Development, Emotional Intelligence, Appreciative Inquiry.
Teaching Experience - 16 years
Teaching and Pedagogical Innovations
Introduced innovative pedagogy using "Music" and Learning Conferences in the course on Emotional Intelligence for MBA second year students successfully.
Industry Experience - 7 Years
- Technical Recruiter (Western Region) for Satyam Computer Services Ltd. Freelance recruiting for Wipro, Motorola, Lucent technologies (1999 - 2001)
- Personnel Executive, Tata Consultancy Services, Mumbai, (1997 - 1999)
- Feasibility Studies with Export Houses in Jaipur (1995)
- Management Trainee-HR, Dabur India Ltd, New Delhi, (1994 - 1995)
- Management Development Programmes conducted on regular basis with Ambuja Cements, Novartis, Loop Mobile, Lupin Labs with excellent feedback.
- Designed and conducted training programmes for Mahindra British Telecom, BCCI, NTPC, Reliance Industries, Thermax, Chemtrol Engineering, Asian Heart Institute, HDFC Chubb.
- Review of hiring and interviewing practices for senior executives at a large Mumbai based Construction Company (2013).
- HR Policy Formulation for National Board of Accreditation with Dr M C Agarwal (2012 – 13)
- Enhancing Role Effectiveness of MaCx Coaches at Ambuja Cement Ltd (2013)
- Designing Performance feedback conversations based on the Appreciative Inquiry Process (2013)
Service to the University
- Member, Academic Council, NMIMS
- Nominated as Teacher to Board of Management, NMIMS for two terms.
Service to the School
- Associate Dean, SBM NMIMS, 2017 onwards
- Programme Chairperson FT MBA 2015-2017
- Programme Chairperson MBA HR 2011-2015
- Chairperson HR & BS, SBM, NMIMS 2008 - 2011
- The Best Department Award, HR & BS, NMIMS (2009, 2011, 2014)
- Faculty Incharge of Management Programme for Executives (2005-08)
- Faculty Incharge for customizing Management Programme for Executives for corporates.
- Organized the first Annual HR Conclave 2013 at SBM
- Member of the Disciplinary Committee
- Member of the Student Awards Committee
- Member of the Convocation Committee
- Facilitating the MBA HR Admissions Process
- Mentoring HrUday, the student HR cell
- Mentoring summer internships
Leadership in Indian Organizations: Emotional Intelligence and Appreciative Inquiry behaviors.
Emotional Intelligence, Human Resource Management-Challenges and Trends
- French, W.L., Bell C.H., and Vohra, V. (2016) Organisation Development: Behavioral Science Interventions for Organisation Improvement. Revised 6th edition. Dorling Kindersley (India) Pvt Ltd, Pearson Education.
- Snell, S., Bohlander, G., Vohra, V. (2010). HRM Cases, New Delhi: Cengage Publishers.
- Snell, S. A., Bohlander, G. W., Vohra, V. (2010), Human Resource Management, New Delhi: Cengage Publishers.
- French, W. L., Bell, C. H., Vohra, V. (2005). Organisation Development: Behavioral Science Interventions for Organisation Improvement. Dorling Kindersley(India) Pvt .Ltd. for Pearson Education
- Vohra, V. (2014). Internationalization of SMEs: How Strategic HRM can help. Wisdom Publications: Re-Visioning Business Management and Psychology: Ecologies of Local and Global Contexts.
- Vohra, V. (2016). Pedagogical Innovations in the 2 Year MBA HR Program at SBM, NMIMS. McGraw Hill: Proceeding of IMC Conference & Awards 2014.