Dr. Meena Galliara
Position- Director, Jasani Center for Sustainability Management & Social Entrepreneurship and Professor & Programme Chairperson-PTMBA (Social Entrepreneurship) SBM, NMIMS
Phone - 022 4235 5555
Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
Academic and Professional Qualification
- Ph.D., University of Mumbai, 2002.
- Fellow, Business Community Foundation, Indian arm of the Prince of Wales Business Leaders Forum London
- Diploma in Training & Development, ISTD, 1991.
- M.A. (Social Welfare Administration), Tata Institute of Social Sciences, 1984.
- Bachelor of Social Work, University of Mumbai, 1982.
Honors and Awards
- Recipient of the Bharat Jyoti Award, conferred by India International Friends Society, for contribution to Social Entrepreneurship Education and Practice, 2012
- Recipient of the Best Professor in Business Strategy, Asia Best B-School Award, Asia CMO Council (2010)
- Recipient of the Dewang Mehta Best Teacher in Social Enterprise Category Award (2009)
- Recipient of the Golden Peacock Award in the category of Social Innovation (2008)
- Recipient of the Best Department Award, NMIMS (2008)
- Recipient of the Best Paper Award, Organized by TISS (2007)
- Recipient of the Best Case Study Award, National Research Paper Contest, organized by NMIMS (2006 & 2007)
- Recipient of the Best Faculty Award, Bombay Management Association, (2005)
- Recipient of the Best Faculty Award, NMIMS (2005)
- Trustee: International Resources for Fairer Trade (IRFT)
The Trust is dedicated to empowering farmers, artisans, companies and NGOs to develop business capacity and promote sustainable livelihoods for all of those involved in producing the things we consume every day. (http://www.irft.org/)
- Member, Sustainability Committee, IRFT
- Member, UNGC Global Compact Framework (Western Region)
Social Marketing, Corporate Social Responsibility & Corporate Governance, Corporate Social Responsibility, Strategic Planning & Management in Social Enterprises, Social Venture Development and Costing of Social Projects, Management of Cross Sector Partnership.
Teaching Experience - 28 years
International Teaching Assignments
- Handled CSR Module (30 Hours) at the Euromed- Marseille International Seminar organized by the Euromed- Marseille School of Management, France in November 2006
- Handled Social Entrepreneurship Module (15 Hours) for the MBA International Programme, Athens University of Economics and Business, Greece in February 2008
- Handled CSR Module (20 Hours) at Reitaku University, Tokyo, in June 2009
- Handled Social Entrepreneurship & CSR in India Module (15 hours) at Rouen Business School, France in March 2010
Teaching and Pedagogical Innovations
Industry/ Consulting Experience
Welfare Officer, Dharamsi Morarji Chemical Co. Ltd. (1984-1986)
Major Contribution to Social Sector
Set up the Social Enterprise Cell at School of Business Management, NMIMS, in 2005, which was upgraded to Center for Sustainability Management & Social Entrepreneurship in 2011. As a catalyst and innovator, the Center’s mission is to create a new generation of business leaders and social entrepreneurs who are knowledgeable about and are committed to create a sustainable society. The Center’s objectives serve as a bridge between academia, the corporate world and the civil society organizations. The research, as well as the teaching strengths combined with the experiential learning approach and guiding principles of the Center, connect sustainability focused knowledge and research to students, businesses and the civil society organizations.
The Center’s work is spread over five broad areas:
- Knowledge development and dissemination about the social sector in the MBA programme
- MBA student’s involvement in the social sector through ‘We Care: Civic Engagement internships’
- Increasing Awareness of Social Entrepreneurship by developing field intervention activities
- Offering Diploma/PTMBA programme in Social Entrepreneurship and Enterprise Training for Women. Both the programmes are offered at subsidized cost.
- Disaster Management Education
The Center’s work has made a huge impact on business, government as well as Corporate Sector.
Service to the University
Member, Academic Council, NMIMS
Service to the School
- Courses Developed for MBA Programme:
Corporate Social Responsibility
Management of Social Entrepreneurship
Emergency Response Management System
- Special Programmes Developed for Social Sector:
MBA Programme in Social Entrepreneurship
Enterprise Training Programme for Women
Social Responsibility of the Corporate Sector towards Community Development.
- Galliara, M. (2009). Corporate Social Responsibility, School of Distance Education, NMIMS, India
- Galliara, M. (2011). Review of CSR in India, CSR in Asia. London: Palgrave Macmilllan Publications.