Dr. Bala Krishnamoorthy
Position- Associate Dean Accreditation & Professor
Phone - (022) 4235-5555
Academic and Professional Qualification
- Ph.D., University of Mumbai, 1997.
- PGDP, Centre for Environment Planning & Technology, CEPT, Ahmedabad,
1980. Major: Environmental Planning, Resource Management, Sociology
- MA, University of Madras, 1978.
Major: Social Work and Planning
- B.Sc., University of Madras, 1975.
- National Eligibility Test, NET, UGC.
State Eligibility Test SET
Major: qualifying test for teaching at the National level
- Accredited Management Teacher, AMT, All India Management Association AIMA, 2002.
Supporting Areas of Emphasis: Management teaching certification
- Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies
Sustainable Competitive Advantage, 14 courses.
- Workshop, 61 participants. (August 17, 2015 - August 27, 2015).
Directed Student Learning
- Dissertation Committee Chair, Management. (June 2011 - Present).
Advised: Girish Bagale
- Doctoral Advisory Committee Chair, Management. (June 2011 - Present). Advised: gayatri balgopal
- Supervised Research, "EMBA final dissertation," Management. (September 2010 - Present).
- Dissertation Committee Chair, "Home textile industry," Other (Outside Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies). (June 10, 2010 - Present). Advised: siddarth Rajagopal, Girish Bagale
- Supervised Research, "Part time MBA dissertation," Management. (September 2007 - Present).
Honors and Awards
- Dewang Mehta Award for best teacher in strategy,. (November 2012).
- Best teacher Award by School of business management NMIMS 2010
- Faculty Fellowship, "Global colloquium for participant centered learning," Harvard Business School, Boston. (July 2009 - August 2009).
- Awarded certificate of Honour for NMIMS placement contribution 2008
- Best teacher of Management Award, Bombay Management Association (BMA). (April 2006).
- Recipient of Fulbright fellowship with HASS School of Business, University of California, Berkeley campus. 2003-2004
- CSR certification from World Bank Institute for training in CSR
- Recipient of International Felicitation in the area of Environmental Education and WEE-IIEE-IAEWP Environmental Award (World Environmental Congress - Indian Institute of Ecology and Environment and International Association of Educators for World Peace) at the inaugural session of the 6th World Environmental Congress held at New Delhi, 1997.
- Recipient of United States - Asia Environmental Partnership fellowship for 4 months and received training at United States Environmental Training Institute (USETI), Washington DC from 25th October, 1994 to 20th February, 1995.
- Recipient of UGC student fellowship for two years (1978-80) for PG diploma in planning at school of planning, (CEPT), Ahmedabad.
- Won the first prize for the first position in the college at Master’s degree level
Development Activities Attended
- Workshop, "AIMA National consortium," NMIMS, New Delhi, New Delhi, India. (February 20, 2015).
- Conference Attendance, "Challenges and Opportunities for Management Education in India," Bangalore, Karnataka, India. (November 11, 2014).
- Colloquium, "Digitization of Education," Bangalore, Karnataka, India. (October 11, 2014).
- Life member, Bombay Management Association. (April 2006 - Present).
- Member in the Board of Management, Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies. (July 2013 - April2016).
- Member of Fulbright National Screening Committee for awarding fellowship to faculty members for the year 2009 -2010
- Advisory board for Environmental Management, TUV south Asia. (April 2006 - April 2009).
- Panel member, Committee of the Maharashtra Co-operative Banks Association Limited for Commencement of Planning, Research and Development Center, (April 2005 - April 2008).
- Member, National Association of Environmental Professional NAEP. (July 1996 - July 1998).
- Editorial board of OIKOS, University of St.Gallen, Switzerland for the case review for the sustainability Track from 2007 till date.
- Editorial Board of NMIMS Management review –Research Journal of NMIMS School of Business Management
Strategic Management, Environment Management, Research Methodology, Strategic Alliance, Strategic Competitive Advantage & Corporate Social Responsibility.
Teaching Experience - 23 years
Teaching and Pedagogical Innovations
- Known as an expert for curriculum development for environment management
- Introducing case based courses for strategic management
- Developing new course with collaboration from the industry partner for -Management Consulting
- Facilitating Infrastructure consulting as a new elective with faculty from IIM and industry
- Introducing elective courses for the area and developing new curriculum for Sustainable Competitive Advantage as an elective for MBA 2nd year
- MDPs for various industry programs for more than 15 years.
- Writing field based cases with industry collaboration and publishing them internationally.
- Advisor, Shah & Anchor department of Management studies for starting the MMS program. (2008 -2009).
- Non-Governmental Organization (NGO), NFCG-National Federation for Corporate governance, Mumbai, (July 2013 - Present).
- Member of Green Evangelist (with NMIMS alumni) and was involved in developing the sustainability report for Dr.Reddys’ lab and Sterlite (2009-2010)
- AICTE, All India Research Study on Industry Institute Partnership models Mumbai. “Expectations of the industry from Management institutes” (March 2006 - March 2007).
Service to the University
Developed course binders for the subjects research methodology, environmental management, principles of management for the School of Distance Learning Programmes of NMIMS.
Service to the School
- Associate Dean, Accreditation, (2013-present).
- Special Institutional Assignment, Board of Management. (July 2013 - July 2016).
- Committee Member, Assurance of Learning (April 2013 - present).
- Committee Chair, Admission committee for MBA Programs, (July 2011 - June 2013).
- Committee Member, Curriculum Development Committee.
- Committee Member, Unfair Means Committee. (2011 - Present).
- Committee Member, Board of Studies MBA programs, (July 2008 - July 2014).
- Faculty Mentor, Industry Institute Partnership Cell, (June 2005 - present).
- Area Chairperson, Business Environment and Strategy, (June 2005 - present).
- Faculty in Charge, Placement committee (June 2006 - June 2009).
- Prepared the curriculum for all general management courses in NMIMS
- Conducting industry sponsored modules for Management consulting
A critical Study of the role and functions of the government departments in managing the environment –Guide Dr.P.K.Ghosh, JBIMS
Strategic Management, Environmental Management, Sustainability Studies, Public Policy, Perspective Management, CSR
Case Studies Published
Krishnamoorthy, B., H.K.V.Narayan, (2016), VALUE BASED E-HEALTHCARE-AT THE TATA MEMORIAL CENTRE, Emerald Emerging Markets Case Studies, (accepted for publication)
- Krishnamoorthy, B., Kacholia, B. M. (2014). Abhinav textile ltd -an Indian Family business (814-063-1 ed., pp. 07). UK: www.thecasecentre.org.
- Kacholia, B. M., Krishnamoorthy, B. (2014). Entrepreneurial Perspectives From A Family Business: Starlite Of Bharati Group Of Companies. www.thecasecentre.org.
- Krishnamoorthy, B. (2013). Solomon's Innovation Dilemma: A Case Study (pp. 10) ECCH UK. www.thecasecentre.org
- Krishnamoorthy, B. (2011). “Growth Story of Bannari Amman Group- A family owned enterprise” published along with the teaching note. Publishing with Richard IVEY case publishing house – listed in Harvard Business School Publishing -HBSP 2011 & thecasecentre.org. Simplified Chinese edition is also published by Ivey case publishing house.
- Krishnamoorthy, B., Sampath, G. (2017). "The Emerging World Order of Digital Economy: Strategic Perspectives". Mumbai: Presented at 2nd NMIMS Business School Industry Interaction Conference, Business Excellence in Digital Economy.
- Krishnamoorthy, B., s. r. (2013). Logistics Performance in the Textile Sector (pp. 8). gwalior: International Conference on Management & Business Research ( ICMBR) at Gwalior on November 23-24,2013, organized by The Society Of Technical and Management Professionals (STMP). www.stmp.co.in
- Krishnamoorthy, B., G. S. (2013). Are Indian Banks Strategically Agile? Scope for adopting strategic agility to banking sector (pp. 12). Tamil Nadu: Great Lakes – Union Bank Conference Theme: Emerging Issues in Banking & Finance.
- Mazumdar, S., Krishnamoorthy, B., Mohanty, C. (2011). Future Group- Sourcing and Logistics. In Building Competencies for Sustainability and Organizational Excellence. Macmillan publishers.
- Krishnamoorthy, B. (2006). Emerging Challenges for Indian BPO – Case of Health Care Sector / Pharmaceutical Industry. Strategies for Winning Organizations. New Delhi: Excel Publishers.
- Krishnamoorthy, B. (2006). Persuading Management to Implement Waste Minimization Strategies. Persuading Management to Implement Waste Minimization Strategies. New Delhi: United States Educational Foundation in India, New Delhi, 2006.
- Krishnamoorthy, B. (2005). Barriers to Civil Society Participation for Environmental Action through a Environmental legal mechanism. Ahmedabad, Gujarat: International Conference on Education for a Sustainable Future-United Decade of Education for Sustainable Development (2005-2014).
- Krishnamoorthy, B. (2009). Management Theory & Practice, New Delhi: School of Distance Education, Excel Publication.
- Krishnamoorthy, B. (2008). Environment Management -Text and Practices, New Delhi: Prentice Hall India. www.prenticehall.india.org second edition