Portfolio Theory and Practices, Financial Econometrics, Investment and Portfolio Management, Mergers and Acquisitions, Corporate Restructuring and Valuation, Corporate Finance, Behavioural Finance.
Teaching Experience - 15 years
Teaching and Pedagogical Innovations
Industry/ Consulting Experience
He has one and half decade of experience in management education and consulting. He has been a regular faculty for UGC refresher courses for management and commerce faculty. He has completed two funded research projects for National Stock Exchange of India. He also has supervised two funded research projects under NSE’s student’s research project initiative. He has designed and conducted several training programmes and MDP sessions for many reputed organizations. He has keen interest in the areas of Derivatives, Portfolio management, Behavioral Finance Quantitative applications in finance, financial risk management and corporate finance.
Service to the University
Member, Academic Council, School of Business Management. (2013 - Present).
Service to the School
Chairperson, MBA, Capital Markets. (2013 - Present).
Public Distribution System in India: A study of (Technical and Financial Feasibility) IT
application for distribution system reform
Market efficiency, Behavioral finance, Portfolio strategies, Innovative financing as a source of competitive advantage and valuation of long dated options and convertible securities.
- Joshipura, M., Gandhi, A. Comparison of spread strategies to create profitable trading opportunities. In Amandio F C Da Silva (Ed.), Advanced Trading Strategies in Options. The ICFAI University Press.
- Joshipura, M., Gandhi, A. Creating low-risk trading strategies using derivative products. In Amandio F C Da Silva (Ed.), Advanced Trading Strategies in Options. The ICFAI University Press.
- Joshipura, M. Mortgage Innovation: An insight into reverse mortgage. In Dhandapani Alagiri (Ed.), IUP series on debt markets in India: Recent developments. The ICFAI University Press.
- Joshipura, M., Wats, S. (2014). Evidence of Long Term Reversal and Contrarian Profits from Indian Stock Markets (1st ed.).
Refereed Journal Articles
- Joshipura, M., Janakiraman, S. (2015). Price and Volume effects associated with scheduled changes in constituents of index: Study of Nifty Index in India. Inderscience Enterprise. http://www.inderscience.com/jhome.php?jcode=AAJFA
- Wats, S., Joshipura, M. (2014). Test Of Momentum Investment Strategy: Empirical Evidence From The Indian Stock Market. SSRN.
- Joshipura, M. (2013). Market reaction to bonus announcement in post global financial crisis era: Evidence from India. Asian Journal of Finance and Accounting, V(2).
- Joshipura, M. (2013). Low risk Anomaly: A new enemy of market efficiency. IUP Journal of Risk Management, X(3).
- Joshipura, M. (2011). Test of momentum investment strategy: Evidence from Indian Stock Market. Journal of International Finance and Economics, XI(2).
- Joshipura, M. (2010). Does the stock market overreact? Empirical evidence of contrarian returns from Indian markets. Review of Business Research, X(4).
- Joshipura, M. (2010). Is an introduction of derivatives trading cause-increased volatility? Indian Journal of Finance, IV(2).
- Joshipura, M. (2009). Price & Liquidity Effects of bonus: empirical evidence from Indian Stock Market. IUP Journal of Applied Finance, XV(1).
- Joshipura, M. (2009). Price & Liquidity Effects of Stock Split: Empirical Evidence from Indian Stock Market. Indian Journal of Finance, III(10).
- Joshipura, M. (2013). Tata Power: Innovation in Financing and Growht (3rd ed., vol. III). Emerald Emerging Market Case Studies.
- Joshipura, M., V., S., A., A. (2011). Tata Steel Convertible Securities (B). Ivey Case Publishing, Harvard Business Publication.