Dr. Parthasarathi N. Mukherjee
Position- Senior Professor & Director, SVKM's NMIMS, Navi Mumbai Campus
Contact - 91-22-4235 5555
Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
Academic and Professional Qualification
- ISO 9000:2000 certified lead Auditor – International register of certified Auditors (IRCA) and IATCA.
- Ph.D., University of Pune.
Major: Total Quality Management
- Fellow of Institution of Engineers (F.I.E.) India.
- Master of Management Science (M.M.S), University of Pune.
- B.E., University of Pune.
Honors and Awards
Examiner of the Mumbai University & paper setter for the Productivity Technique for "Master Management Studies" consecutively for six years (1998 – 2006)
Approved Ph.D. guide for Mumbai University, SNDT Women's University, NMIMS University, Bits Meshra, Swami Vivekananda Technical University, Chattisgarh. Guiding 09 Ph.D. students, 01 student awarded Ph.D.
Invited as 'Chief Guest' & 'Key Note Speaker' in various Seminars and Symposiums organized by 'Aditya Birla Group', AIRIA, 'Indian Institute of Materials Management', 'Future Group'.
Published more than 45 research articles in leading publications and 28 case studies.
Past Member of Academic Council of Narsee Monjee Institute of Management & Higher Studies.
Past Member of Academic Council of K.J.Somaiya Institute of Management Studies & Research.
Chief Academic Advisor for 'Disha Institute of Management and Technology', Raipur, Chattishgarh
Operation Management, Productivity Technique, Supply Chain Management, Total Quality Management, Technology Management, Six Sigma, Logistics Management, Enterprise Resource Planning, Customer Relationship Management, World Class Management System, Bench Marking & Business Process Reengineering.
Teaching Experience - 21 years
Industry/ Consulting Experience - 16 years
- Chief Executive Officer, Prabhat Elastomer Ltd. (January 1997 - June 1998).
- Chief Executive Officer, Shree Group of Industries, Mumbai & Khopoli. (November 1995 - December 1996).
- Senior General Manager- Marketing of Miranda Tools – a division of Morarjee Goculdas Spinning & weaving Mills Ltd., Ajay Piramal Group Company,(August 1992 - October 1995).
- Corporate Marketing Head, Baker Group of Companies, Pune. (September 1986 - August 1992).
- Senior Management Consultant, Addya Marketing & Consultancy Agency, Pune, (July,83 – August,86)
- Sales Engineer–Horstmann (I) P. Ltd. a member of Baker group, (July,82- June,83)
Provided Application Oriented Training and Consultancy for many of the Industries for:
- "Contemporary Management System", Implementation consisting of the three successive Modules of Operation Management, Supply Chain Management and Total Quality Management leading to Implementation of the World Class Management System with a third party evaluation on a Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award (MBNQA).
- Originator of Dr. P.N.Mukherjee's "Theory of Holistic Management for World class performance excellence"
- After Process Standardization and implementation of the 'Lean Manufacturing', development and implementation of "Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)" and a "Quality Management System".
- Training and implementation of ISO 9001:2000 in an organization leading to getting it certified under 'UKAS(UK)', 'ANSI-RB(USA) and by either 'BVQI' or "Germinischer Llyod' or any other certifying agency.
- Training and implementation of 'Total productive Maintenance', 'Value Analysis', Waste elimination, Inventory Reduction, Knowledge Management, Quality Circle, Kaizen Gemba, Six sigma, Juran's Quality Improvement projects, Bench marking and Business Process reengineering etc.
Service to the University
Approved Ph.D. guide for NMIMS
Service to the School
Chairperson–EMBA programme, SBM, NMIMS, (August, 2012-present)
Senior Professor & Chairperson- TQM & Supply Chain Management, NMIMS, (October 2006 - March 2010).
Past Member of Academic Council of SBM, NMIMS
Mukherjee, P. N. (2005) co-author, Forty Management Lessons, Himalaya Publishing House, Delhi
Mukherjee, P. N. (2006) Total Quality Management, Prentice Hall India Pvt. Ltd., Delhi
Mukherjee, P. N., Kachwala T., Operations Management & Productivity Improvement Techniques, Prentice Hall India Pvt. Ltd., Delhi (in press)
Book Chapters :
Rego, S., Kumar, N., Mukherjee, P. N. (2012). Driving Economy through Innovation and Entrepreneurship, Bridging Digital Divide and Capacity Building in Rural India, Bangalore, Springer India.
Refereed Journal Articles
- Mukherjee, P. N., Naik S. K. (2012). Exploring the Quality Costing Practices in Investigating the systems for discovering the hidden cost of doing Business, Journal of Developmental Research.Vol.4, ISSN No. 2229-7561, The VESIMSR Press
- Mukherjee, P. N., (2012). Role of Different Channels market Arrivals and Price Spread - A Case for Mango, Journal of Developmental Research, ISSN No. 2229-7561.The VESIMSR Press
- Mukherjee, P. N., (2010). Supply Chain Management–A strategic Tool in the Global Business Environment, Journal of Development Research Volume 2 No 1, The VESIMSR Press