Dr. Sachin Mathur
Position- Associate Professor
Academic and Professional Qualification
• PhD, SVKM's Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies, 2017.
• Dissertation Title: Equity Analyst Recommendations: Usefulness, Determinants and Biases
• CFA, CFA Institute, 2013.
• MMS, SVKM's Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies, 1995. Major: Finance
• B.Tech., Institute of Technology, Banaras Hindu University, 1993. Major: Chemical Engineering
Indian Association of Investment Professionals, CFA Institute. (October 2016 - Present)
• Head Research, CRISIL Ltd. (January 2003 - January 2011).
• Manager-Research, CRISIL Ltd. (March 2000 - December 2002).
• Analyst, Information Products & Research Services (India) Pvt. Ltd. (August 1996 - February 2000).
• Management Trainee, Bennett Coleman & Company. (June 1995 - July 1996).
Ph.D. Topic: Equity Analyst Recommendations: Usefulness, Determinants and Biases
Refereed Journal Articles
- Mathur, S., Rastogi, A. (2017). Informative value of equity analyst recommendations in India. SMART Journal of Business Management Studies, XIII(1), 27-35.
- Mathur, S., Rastogi, A. (in press). Investor Sentiment and Asset Returns: The Case of the Indian Stock Market. Afro Asian Journal of Finance And Accounting.
- Mathur, S., Rastogi, A. (2017). Stock Price Response to Earnings News in India: Investor’s Learning Behaviour under Uncertainty. NMIMS Management Review, XXXIII, 10-26.
- For Profit Organization, Smera Ratings, Mumbai. (June 1, 2014 - Present).
- For Profit Organization, CRISIL, Mumbai. (April 1, 2011 - Present).
- Mathur, S. (Author & Presenter), International Conference on Finance and Economics, "Mobile-enabled Access for Basic Financial Inclusion: A Cross-Country Empirical Analysis," IBS, Mumbai, Mumbai. (April 8, 2017).
- Mathur, S. (Author & Presenter), Rastogi, A. (Author), 5th International Conference on Applied Econometrics, "Stock Analyst Forecasts under Uncertainty," ICFAI, Hyderabad and Indian Econometric Society, New Delhi, Hyderabad. (July 22, 2016).