Ms. Santana Pathak
Assistant Professor, SBM, NMIMS
Phone - 022 4235 5555
Email - Santana.email@example.com
Academic and Professional Qualification
- Pursuing Ph. D, Indian Institute of Foreign Trade (IIFT), New Delhi
- PGD in Journalism, Bharatiya Vidya Bhavan, New Delhi, 2002
- Qualified NET, University Grants Commission (UGC), 2000
- MA, English, Gauhati University, 1997
- BA, English, Cotton College, Guwahati, 1994
Academic, Government, Military and Professional Positions
Academic - P-12
- Assistant Professor, Adani Institute of Infrastructure Management, Ahmedabad. (September 1, 2016 - March 2017).
- Coordinator of Communications, Centre for Heritage Management (CHM), Ahmedabad University. (April 15, 2013 - August 10, 2016).
- Associate Faculty, Mudra Institute of Communications, Ahmedabad (MICA). (May 2008 - September 2010).
- Consultant, Indian Institute of Foreign Trade (IIFT). (March 2006 - March 2008).
- Academic Associate, Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad (IIMA). (August 2003 - November 2005).
- Lecturer, Pandu College, Guwahati. (September 2000 - August 2002).
- Lecturer, B Barooah College, Guwahati, Assam. (August 1999 - September 2000).
- Pathak, S., 17th IAMCR International Conference, "Generational Shift in Cultural Values: An Empirical Study in the Indian Context," Cartegana, Colombia. (July 16, 2017).
- Pathak, S. (Author), 24th Annual AMIC conference, "Bad news communication: Process and Strategies Adopted by Medical Practitioners in India," Dubai. (June 13, 2015).
- Pathak, S. (Author & Presenter), 9th Annual London Business Research Conference, "Impact of Social Media on the Vanity Level of Youngsters in India," Imperial College, London. (August 10, 2014).
Honors and Awards
- Best Paper Award for the study Communication of CSR Responsibility through Press Releases: Analysis of Indian and Multinational Companies at the National Seminar on “Ethics and Ethos in Management” scheduled on 27-28 July, 2013 at Pacific University, Udaipur.
Teaching Experience - 12 Years
Teaching and Pedagogical Innovations
Has developed a customized module for Heritage Managers in Communication Skills. Also, developed course outlines in the area of Persuasion and Design Thinking as aid to organizational communication.
Industry Experience - 2 years
- Consultant, Centre for Heritage Management, Ahmedabad University, Ahmedabad. (July 2012 - September 2012).
- Assistant Editor, The Times of India, Ahmedabad, September 2010 to April 2012.
Generational Shift in Cultural Values: A Study in the Indian Context
Culture and Communication, Bad News Delivery, Persuasive Communication, Media and Communication
- Monipally M. M, Pathak Santana and Patra Shriti (2007) Teaching Persuasive Communication: Reflections on an experimental course for Management Students at IIMA in Communication for Management edited by Roshan Lal Raina and Pankaj Priya (Eds), Ess Ess Publications, pp 39-54.
Refereed Journal Articles
- Pathak Santana (2015) Impact of Social Media on the Vanity Level of Youngsters in India, Media Watch Global, Vol 6, No 3.
Case Studies Published
- Techies Shall Prove it Too: Proactive and Innovative Efforts for Female Inclusion in a Technology Company – A Case Study Gender Inclusivity had won a 2nd prize at the national level competition in 2014 organized by MICA and Gender Resource Centre (GRC) of Women and Child Department, Government of Gujarat (WCD), 2014
Research in Progress
- Bad News Communication: Process and Strategies Adopted by Medical Practitioners in India - Continuing
- At The Crossroads: Gala Infrastructure Pvt Ltd – a case study has been submitted to an Emerald Case Study Journal and is under review