Dr. Sashi Sivramkrishna
Associate Professor, SBM, NMIMS
Economics of Participation & Labour-Managed Systems
Phone - (022) 4235-5555
Academic and Professional Qualification
- Professor of Economics, NMIMS (2011 – Present)
- Director, Foundation to Aid Industrial Recovery (FAIR) (1992 – Present)
Honors and Awards
- Gold medal, M.A., University of Bombay
Presently on the Board of Studies, Department of Economics, Christ University.
– Global Environment: A Journal of Transdisciplinary History, White Horse Press.
– Journal of Economic & Public Policy – NMIMS.
- The Curse of Talakad: (Re)Situating and (Re)Contextualizing a Legend in History, Rupa & Co., New Delhi, 2005.
- In Search of Stability: Economics of Money, History of the Rupee: traces the history of the rupee from 1542 to 1971 (with an epilogue that extends to the present) from a monetary economics perspective, Manohar Book Publishers, New Delhi, India, 2015, and Routledge, London/New York, 2017.
- The Role of Social Movements in Economic Change: Cases from Maharashtra, India (unpublished Ph.D. dissertation), Cornell University, 1990.