Dr. Shamim S Mondal
Position - Programme Chairperson PhD, Research and Publications & Professor
Phone - 91-22-4235 5555
Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
Academic and Professional Qualification
- PhD., Economics, University of Rochester, USA, 2007
- Topic: Essays on Racial Discrimination and Turnover in the Labor Market
- M.A. Economics, University of Rochester, USA, 2002
- M.A. Economics, School of International Studies, Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi, 1999
- B.Sc. Economics, (Hons.), University of Calcutta, Kolkata, India, 1997
Honors and Awards
- Norman M. Kaplan Memorial Award for best GPA, University of Rochester, 2002.
- Highest CGPA in MA Economics (with Specialization in World Economy), School of International Studies, Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi, India, 1999.
- Member, American Economic Association, 2008 – present
Member of Editorial Review Board for Proceedings of the IACBE 2011 Asia Regional Conference, July 2011.
Microeconomics, Macroeconomics, Business Statistics, Business Mathematics, Research Methodology, Research Design, Quantitative and Computational Methods, Security Analysis and Portfolio Management, Money, Credit and Banking.
Associate Professor, Alliance University, School of Business, Bangalore, India, (February 2011– February 2017)
Teaching Assistant & Research Scholar, University of Rochester, USA, (2002-2006)
- Associate Consultant, Analysis Group, Inc., Boston, USA, (August 2006–October 2010)
- Review of hiring and interviewing practices for senior executives at a large Mumbai based Construction Company (2013).
- HR Policy Formulation for National Board of Accreditation with Dr M C Agarwal (2012 – 13)
- Enhancing Role Effectiveness of MaCx Coaches at Ambuja Cement Ltd (2013)
- Designing Performance feedback conversations based on the Appreciative Inquiry Process (2013)
Essays on Racial Discrimination and Turnover in the Labor Market
Labour Economics, Financial Markets, Corporate Governance, Macroeconomics, Decisions involving social network and social capital
- Mukherjee, D., Mondal S. S., “Dowry Revisited: A Human Capital Approach,” in Premananda Bharati and Manoranjan Pal, eds., Gender Disparity: Manifestations, Causes and Implications, New Delhi: Anmol Publications, 2006, pp. 278-297.
Refereed Journal Articles
- Mondal S. S., Pingali V., (2017) “Competition and Intellectual Property Policies in the Indian Pharmaceutical Sector,” forthcoming, Vikalpa, IIM Ahmedabad.
- Mondal S.S., Pingali V., (2016), The Economics of Antitrust, Vikalpa, IIM Ahmedabad.
- Mondal S. S., Jetley G., (2015), Rights Issues and Creeping Acquisitions in India, Emerging Markets Review, Elsevier.
- Mondal S. S., Mihir Dash, Arunavas Bose, Samik Shome, Madhumita Guha Majumdar, Dennis Rajakumar, Ramanna Shetty, Debashis Sengupta, (2015), Measuring the Efficiency of Marketing Efforts in the Indian Pharmaceutical Industry using Data Envelopment Analysis, International Journal of Business Analytics and Intelligence, Publishing India Group.
- Graduate Fellowship, University of Rochester, 2000-2002, 2004.
- W. Allen Wallis Fellowship in Political Economy, University of Rochester, 2003-2004
- Junior Research Fellowship, Economic Research Unit, Indian Statistical Institute, Calcutta, India, 1999-2000
- Ford Foundation Fellowship, School of International Studies, Jawaharlal Nehru University, 1998-1999
Research in Progress
- “Wage Differences by Caste and Religion in India,” (submitted to Economic and Political Weekly).
- Arunkumar B., D. M. Abraham, M. G. Majumder and S. S. Mondal, “The Impact of Transactive Memory Systems and Organizational Climate on Knowledge Sharing, Process Agility and Team Performance: A Study of Agile Software Development Teams,” (submitted to Decision Sciences)
- “Social Capital and Consumer Information Search: An Emerging Market Perspective,” (with G. C. Madhu).
- “DPCO and its Implications for the Indian Pharmaceutical Markets,” (with V. Pingali).
- “Open Offers in India: Are Retail Investors Participating?” (with G. Jetley)