Dr. Shailaja Rego
Position- Associate Professor
Phone - (022) 4235-5555
Academic and Professional Qualification
- PhD, SNDT University 2015
Major : Management
- MBA, ICFAI, 2008.
- M.Sc., University of Mumbai, 1995.
- B.Sc., University of Mumbai, 1992.
Major: Statistics & Computer Programming
Honors and Awards
18th Devang Mehta Award for Best Faculty in Operations, November 2010
Decision Analysis & Modeling, Statistical Analysis for Business Decisions, Decision Analysis, Advance Statistics, Advance Data Analysis
Teaching Experience - 15 Years
Teaching and Pedagogical Innovations
Use of Simulations and Cases
- Developer, Officer Grade GG-6, BEST Mumbai, (1998 - 1999).
- Conducted seminar on Statistical Data Analysis Using Multivariate Statistics at National Institute of Science, Technology and development studies, Delhi, India
Service to the University
Designed the grading system for NMIMS.
Service to the School
- Committee Member, AACSB Committee. (March 2012 - Present).
- Committee Chair, Department of Operations & Decision Sciences. (June 2009 - Present).
- Committee Member, Admissions Committee. (March 2008 - Present).
Prospects of Telecom Industry in India and its Impact on Economic Growth
Information Telecommunication, Rural Telecom, Outsourcing etc.
- Rego, S., Srivastava, T. N. (2010). Business Research Methodology, New Delhi: McGraw Hill.
- Rego, S., Srivastava, T. N. (2008). In Surabhi Khare (Ed.), Statistics for Managers, (2nd ed., vol. I, pp. 850). New Delhi: Tata McGraw Hill.
- Rego, S., Kumar, N., Mukherjee, P. N. (2012).Driving Economy through Innovation and Entrepreneurship, Bridging Digital Divide and Capacity Building in Rural India, Bangalore: Springer India.
- Rego, S., Kumar, N. (2010). Application of ICT in Education: Opportunities and challenges in India, IT initiatives for Building creative organization, New Delhi: EXCEL BOOKS.
- Rego, S., Kumar, N. (2009). An Analysis of Diffusion of Fixed Line and Mobile Phones in India, IT Innovations for Organizational Excellence, New Delhi: EXCEL BOOKS.
- Rego, S., Kumar, N. (2008). Economy of Internationalization of Higher Education: Potential of Growth in Asia, Navigating Glocalisation through Quality Initiatives, New Delhi: EXCEL BOOKS.
- Krishnamoorthy, B., Rego, S., Laghate, K. (2006). EMERGING CHALLENGES FOR INDIAN BPO- CASE OF HEALTHCARE SECTOR/PHARMACEUTICAL INDUSTRY, Going Global: Changing Strategies of Winning Organizations, New Delhi: EXCEL BOOKS.
Refereed Journal Articles
- Rego, S., Kumar, N. (2014). Catching up Unequal access to ICT: A Case of Rural Urban Telecom Divide in India, Journal of Sociology of Science & Technology, The Russian Academy of Sciences. Publishing House: Nestor-Historia, V(3).
- Kumar, N., Rego, S. (2011). Comparative enrolment growth at different levels of education and dissemination of ICT: A case of BRIC countries, Journal of Sociology of Science & Technology, The Russian Academy of Sciences, Publishing House: Nestor, Historia, II(3), 31-40.
- Kumar, N., Rego, S. (2011). Linkages between level of educational skill and diffusion of ICT in Brazil, India and China, International Journal’s Research Journal of Social Sciences and Management, I(4), 71-80.
- Srivastava, M., Dhar, U., Galliara, M., Mahajan, S., Rego, S. (2006). Adeco In Indian Market. Mumbai, Maharashtra: NMIMS.
- Srivastava, M., Dhar, U., Galliara, M., Mahajan, S., Rego, S. (2006). Gazoza Pesticide Controversy. Mumbai, Maharashtra: NMIMS.
- Rego, S. (2004). ADECO ENTERS RURAL MARKET, Mumbai, Maharashtra, NMIMS Case Monograph.
- Rego, S. (2004). Pesticide Controversy, Mumbai, Maharashtra, NMIMS Case Monograph.