Mr. Yugal Sikri
Chairman-Pharmaceutical Management-SBM, NMIMS & Director-Pharma TM-SPPSPTM, Mumbai
Phone - (022) 4235-5555
Academic and Professional Qualification
- Master of Marketing Management, Jamnalal Bajaj Institute of Management Studies, University of Mumbai, 1986
- Post Graduate Diploma in Management Studies, University of Mumbai, 1981- 1983
- Master of Pharmacy, Indian Institute of Technology, Banaras Hindu University, 1980
- Bachelor of Pharmacy, University of Delhi, 1978
- Bachelor of Science, University of Agra, 1975
- University Certifications in Business Management from Harvard Business School, Boston, US, Thunderbird University–American Graduate School of International Management, Arizona, US and Indian School of Business (ISB), Hyderabad, India
Honors and Awards
- Invited as Keynote speaker at the inaugural session of “Pharma CIO Symposium 2017. Topic: A peek into innovations in Healthcare and Pharma
- Invited as Chairman, Keynote Speaker and Moderator to the Panel Discussion for the conference, “Innogen Summit India 2016” by Business Intelligence Inventicon.
Topics: As Chairman (Conference Topic): Current trends in innovative Generics-recent progress and outlook ; As Keynote Speaker : Innovative/Differentiated Generics : Perspectives and Opportunities ; As Moderator for the Panel Discussion : Why Super-generics?
- Invited as Chairman, Keynote Speaker and Moderator to the Panel Discussion for the conference, “Pharma Marketing Summit 2016”, by Business Intelligence Inventicon . Topics: As Chairman (Conference Topic) : Changing the role and function of marketing and sales function ; As Keynote Speaker : Pharma Marketing and Sales : Feet on the Ground; Ears to the Cues ; As Panel Discussion Moderator : Overcoming the stumbling blocks in Sales Forecasting
- Invited as the Panelist by Dun & Bradstreet on Oct-21, 2016 for the topic “Making India a Global Hub for Pharma Manufacturing and R&D”
- Earlier key Invitations for varied Industry forums as ‘Chairperson’ at ‘Pharma Managers conference: The Legends Meet’, ‘Chairperson’ at CPHI’s ‘Marketing Directors/Managers Sales & Marketing Workshop’, ‘Panelist’ at CII’s ‘All India Secretarial workshop’, ‘Industry Speaker’ at Indian Pharmaceutical Congress (IPC)’s Annual Conference; Speaker at Annual Conference, Indian Drug Manufacturers Association (IDMA).
- Invited to be the Member of the Steering Committee of McKinsey’s prestigious India Pharma 2020, propelling growth and acceptance, realising the true potential publication and Speaker at McKinsey CEO forum.
- Invited to present Marketing best Practices & Programs at Big 7 workshop, Hurghada, Egypt by Pfizer Inc.
- Awarded Industry’s Best Brand of the Year, OPPI’s Marketing Excellence Awards for two years.
- Ranked ‘First’ in the University of Mumbai in its ‘Master of Marketing Management’ postgraduate program. Awarded prestigious ‘Top’ Certificate from the University.
Current Professional Engagements
- Independent Director on the Board of Directors of RPG life Sciences since 2016
- Independent Director on the Board of Directors of GlobalSpace Technologies since 2017
- Innovation Management
- Business Leadership
• Vice chair, Marketing Committee, Organisation of Pharmaceutical Producers of India and contributed to designing Industry’s Code of Marketing Practices, Marketing Excellence Awards and Sales Force Excellence initiatives.
• Member of Board of Studies at various Universities/Institutes like NMIMS, SIES.
• Invited to be the ‘Honorary Member of Editorial Board’ of Pharma industry and management publication ‘Pharmatrendz’.
• Invited to be the ‘Honorary Member of Advisory Board’ for Group of 4 leading Pharma Publications brought out by Country’s leading publishing house ‘strategicnewspapers.com’
Industry Experience: 35 Years
- Global Head, Marketing (Commercial Functions), Ranbaxy, 2013-2015
- Region Head (CEO role for India, SriLanka & Nepal Pharmaceuticals), Ranbaxy, 2009-2013
- Senior Vice President, Pharmaceuticals, Novartis India (Head of India, SriLanka and Nepal General Medicine), 2003 – 2009
- Vice President, Pharmaceuticals, RPG Life Sciences (Head of India, SriLanka and Nepal, Pharmaceutical Formulations), April, 2002 – November, 2003
- Director, Pharmaceutical Products Division (Head of India and Nepal Ethical Pharmaceuticals), Parke-Davis (India) Limited, a part of Warner Lambert, USA, now Pfizer Inc, USA, 1996 – 2002
- Marketing Manager, Glaxo Pharmaceuticals, Glaxo India Limited, now a part of GlaxoSmithKline plc, UK, 1994-1996
- Group Product Manager, Sr. Product Manager, Product Manager, Product Executive, Marketing Trainee; Glaxo India Limited, a part of GlaxoSmithKline plc, UK, 1986-1994
- R&D Pharmacist, Glaxo India Limited, a part of GlaxoSmithKline plc, UK, 1981-1986
- R&D Trainee, FDC Limited, 1980-1981
- Study of factors affecting the Selection of Orthopedic Implant Brands and their Perceptual Mapping in Mumbai City, NMIMS Management Review, Volume XXXIII January 2017, 73-87, Haresh Raulgaonkar; Aishwarya Wagle; Henna Shah; Anshul Garg; Yugal Sikri
- “Effect of diluents and directly compressible vehicles on Physical characteristics and invivo availability of Cyproheptadine Hydrochloride Tablets” EASTERN PHARMACIST, Vol. XXIII, No.276, 1980
- Articles published in the National Newspaper “The Hindustan Times”
“Flaws in Health Policy”
“Fooling the Electorate”
“Culture and Corruption”
“Live and Let Live etc.”