Mr. Yugal Sikri
Chairman-Pharmaceutical Management-SBM, NMIMS & Director-Pharma TM-SPPSPTM, Mumbai
Phone - (022) 4235-5555
Academic and Professional Qualification
- Master of Marketing Management, University of Mumbai, 1983-1986
- Post Graduate Diploma in Management Studies, University of Mumbai, 1981- 1983
- Master of Pharmacy, Banaras Hindu University, 1978-1980
- Bachelor of Pharmacy, University of Delhi, 1975-1978
- Bachelor of Science, University of Agra, 1973-1975
- University Certifications in Business Management from Harvard Business School, Boston, US, Thunderbird University–American Graduate School of International Management, Arizona, US and Indian School of Business (ISB), Hyderabad, India
Honors and Awards
- Awarded Industry’s Best Brand of the Year, OPPI’s Marketing Excellence Award.
- Ranked ‘First’ in the University of Mumbai in its ‘Master of Marketing Management’ postgraduate program. Awarded prestigious ‘Top’ Certificate from the University.
- Awarded ‘Junior UGC Fellowship’ by University Grants Commission, India
- Invited to present Marketing best Practices & Programs at Big 7 workshop, Hurghada, Egypt by Pfizer Inc.
- Invited at various prestigious Industry forums as Chairperson/Speaker/Panelist, like ‘Chairperson’ at ‘Pharma Managers conference: The Legends Meet’, ‘Chairperson’ at CPHI’s ‘Marketing Directors/Managers Sales & Marketing Workshop’, ‘Panelist’ at CII’s ‘All India Secretarial workshop’, ‘Industry Speaker’ at Indian Pharmaceutical Congress (IPC)’s Annual Conference.
• Member of Board of Studies at various Universities/Institutes like NMIMS, SIES.
• Invited to be the ‘Honorary Member of Editorial Board’ of Pharma industry and management publication ‘Pharmatrendz’.
• Invited to be the ‘Honorary Member of Advisory Board’ for Group of 4 leading Pharma Publications brought out by Country’s leading publishing house ‘strategicnewspapers.com’
Industry Experience: 35 Years
- Global Head, Marketing, Ranbaxy, 2013-2015
- Region Head (CEO role), Ranbaxy, 2009-2013
- Senior Vice President, Pharmaceuticals, Novartis India Ltd, 2003 – 2009
- Vice President, Pharmaceuticals, RPG Life Sciences, April, 2002 – November, 2003
- Director, Pharmaceutical Products Division, Parke-Davis (India) Limited, a part of Warner Lambert, USA, now Pfizer Inc, USA,1996 – 2002
- Marketing Manager, Glaxo Pharmaceuticals, Glaxo India Limited, now a part of GlaxoSmithKline plc, UK, 1994-1996
- Group Product Manager, Sr. Product Manager, Product Manager, Product Executive, Marketing Trainee; Glaxo India Limited, a part of GlaxoSmithKline plc, UK, 1986-1994
- “Effect of diluents and directly compressible vehicles on Physical characteristics and invivo availability of Cyproheptadine Hydrochloride Tablets” EASTERN PHARMACIST, Vol. XXIII, No.276, 1980
- Articles published in the National Newspaper “The Hindustan Times”
“Flaws in Health Policy”
“Fooling the Electorate”
“Culture and Corruption”
“Live and Let Live etc.”