Students cell & strategies
Functionality of the cell
The Student Council is the apex student body at NMIMS and represents the batch of the full-time students at the campus. A team of 13 Executive members supports the Administration with responsibility for each student body or activity on campus. Additionally, the Student Council Representatives (SCRs) and Class Representatives (CRs) are required to co-ordinate with the body. The raison d'etre of the Student Council is to be a formal communication channel between the students, faculties and the administration.
While it seeks to address any queries and resolve any issues that the students and/or admin may face, the Student Council also relentlessly strives towards the enrichment of the campus experience. It helps navigate all student-related activities at NMIMS, and bears the sole responsibility for organizing “Paragana” – The annual seminar and flagship B- School festival, “Euphoria” – The annual cultural fest, and all the college sporting events. The Council also assists in all public relations activities and supervises the various student publications and newsletters at NMIMS.
Differentiating Factor of the Cell
The Student Council is responsible for the activities of 14 other student bodies in the college. Being the apex body, they act as the common link between them all and ensure smooth functioning.
Team Member Details
Faculty In-Charge Student Activities: Prof. Hari Iyer
Official Email Id: email@example.com
List of Major Events
- MANAN: Traditional welcome for the first year students
- Parichay: Intra-college B plan competition
- Augustus: Intra-college cell activities under the Council’s banner
- Paragana: Annual B-School Fest
- Seminars: TEDxNMIMS, Corporate Seminars and Illuminar
- Euphoria: Annual Cultural Fest
- Sports: Arcadia, NM Soccer League and NM Cricket League (Intra-college) & Samarthya (Intercollege)
- Participate in all major national and international education exhibitions/fairs to promote the university and its programmes in different parts of the country, Middle-east, Africa, Central Europe & other European and Asian countries.
- Strengthen exchange relationship with well-known universities in different countries, which will help bring students from their campus in our programmes.
- Strengthen/Establish relationship with the Graduate Management Admission Council (GMAC) ETS (Education Testing Service, New Jersey, U.S.A.) for GRE and SAT. We may also consider GRE and SAT scores for admissions to our Masters’ and Bachelors’ level admissions in other courses.
- To ensure that the meritorious students are not denied the admission because of lack of resources, NMIMS will create scholarships and assistantship programme in partnership with industry and government to encourage excellence among students across programmes.
- NMIMS will continue to recognize them through prizes which include cash awards and certificate of merits. Students will be mentored by the faculty. In the context of management students, efforts will be made to have joint mentorship with the industry faculty and executives.
- To promote an all round development of the students, NMIMS will create a separate programme on soft skills, personality development and languages.
- Students will also be encouraged to participate in national and international events.