Academic and Professional Qualification
- PhD., Indian Institute of Management Bangalore, Economics & Social Sciences, 2019
- A (Economics), Gokhale Institute of Politics and Economics, Pune, 2013
- A (Hons.) Economics, University of Delhi, 2010
Honors and Awards
- Awarded Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) by University Grants Commission (2013).
- Received Best Paper Award for the paper titled: 'New Age' Preferential Trade Agreements: Implications for Value Added Trade.
- 17th COSMAR (International Consortium of Students in Management Research) 2017, Department of Management Studies, Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore.
- Doctoral Consortium 2018, Shailesh J. Mehta School of Management, IIT Bombay.
- Received First Prize, Best Doctoral Paper Award, Fifteenth AIMS International Conference on Management, 2018, IMT Ghaziabad
- Received First Prize, Young Scholar's Conference, Changing Contours of East Asia: Challenges and Opportunities, 2018 organized by Centre for East Asian Studies, JNU and Japan Foundation
- Received Best Paper Award, 7th IMI-SASS Conference on “India & China: Economic, Social and Cultural Perspective”, 2018, organized by IMI New Delhi
- Member: Academy of International Business
- Association for Asian Studies
Managerial Economics, Macroeconomic Theory & Policy, Indian Economic Policy
- International Management Institute, New Delhi, Assistant Professor, Economics
(July 2018- August 2021)
- 'New Age' Preferential Trade Agreements (PTAs): Evolving Trends and Implications for Value Added Trade
International Trade, International Business, Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR), Global Value Chains, Offshoring of services, Regional Integration,
- Deb Arnab, Tokas Kalpana, (2021), Manufacturing - Services Nexus: A GVC Analysis for India and China, In Sondhi Neena, Panigrahi Ramakrushna, Pang Miao, Chatterjee Rajashri (Eds.), Comparative Development of India and China – Economic, Technological. Sectoral & Socio-Cultural Insights, Sage Publications, ISBN: 9789353886066
Refereed Journal Articles
- Tokas Kalpana, Deb Arnab Kumar, (2020), CAGE distance framework and bilateral trade flows: case of India, Management Research Review, Emerald Group Publishing, ISSN: 2040-8269, Vol. 43 No. 10, pp.1157-1181. https://doi.org/10.1108/MRR-09-2019-0386, ABDC ‘C’, Scopus, Web of Science.
- Tokas Kalpana, Yadav Kartik, (2020), Foreign Ownership and Corporate Social Responsibility: The Case of an Emerging Market, Global Business Review, Sage Publications, ISSN: 0972-1509, 0973-0664, ABDC ‘C’, Scopus, Web of Science.
- Tokas Kalpana, (2021), New Age Preferential Trade Agreements and Global Value Chains: And Empirical Analysis, Global Business Review, Sage Publications, ISSN: 0972-1509, 0973-0664, ABDC ‘C’, Scopus, Web of Science.
- Tokas Kalpana, (2021), IT services offshoring from Japan: a multi-dimensional comparative analysis between India and China", Journal of Global Operations & Strategic Sourcing, Emerald Group Publishing, ISSN: 2398-5364, 2398-5372, ABDC ‘C’, Scopus, Web of Science. https://doi.org/10.1108/JGOSS-07-2020-0033
- India- Japan Relations in the Services and the India-Japan CEPA, funded by India-Japan Study Centre, IIM Bangalore (Co-authored with Prof. Rupa Chanda). Published as Working Paper No. IIMB/IJSC/2020/001
Conferences & Workshops
- 45th EIBA Conference (12th-16th December, 2019), University of Leeds.
- 8th SASS – IMI International Conference (17th-18th October, 2019) on China and India: Perspectives on Society, Economy, Trade and Welfare at SASS, Chengdu, China.
- Young Scholar's Conference 2018, Changing Contours of East Asia: Challenges and Opportunities, organized by Centre for East Asian Studies, JNU and Japan Foundation at School of International Studies, JNU, New Delhi.
- 12th ISDSI Annual Conference (27th- 30th December, 2018) held at S.P. Jain Institute of Management Research, Mumbai.
- 7th IMI-SASS Conference on “India & China: Economic, Social and Cultural Perspective”, 2018 held at IMI Delhi.
- 6th Bi-annual IIFT Conference on Empirical Issues in International Trade and Finance (13th-14th December, 2018) held at IIFT Delhi.
- Fifteenth AIMS International Conference on Management (6th-8th January, 2018), IMT Ghaziabad.
- Academy of International Business (AIB) - India Chapter Conference 2018 (9th-11th April, 2018), Indian Institute of Foreign Trade, MSME Centre, Shimla.
- Fore International Sustainable Development Conference 2018 (Jointly organized by Fore School of Management, New Delhi and International Association for Business and Society (IABS)), (11th-13th January, 2018), FORE School of Management, New Delhi.
- 5th International HR Conference - Rewiring HRM in a globalized workplace: Challenges of Diversity, Employment Relations and Skills, (Feb 2nd-3rd, 2018), KJ Somaiya Institute of Management Studies and Research, Mumbai.
- Association for Asian Studies Annual Conference (22-25th March, 2018), Washington D.C. (Accepted, not presented).
- 23rd Eurasia Business and Economics Society Conference (27th-29th September, 2017), Madrid, Spain.
- Full Paper Presentation Session, CoRE: IGIDR PhD Colloquium, 2017 (7th-10th November, 2017), IGIDR, Mumbai.
- 17th COSMAR (International Consortium of Students in Management Research), (20-21st November, 2017) organized by Department of Management Studies, Indian Institute of Science (IISc), Bangalore.
- Conference on "International Trade, Specialization and Growth- David Ricardo and the Contemporary Perspectives", (28th-29th December, 2017) Jadavpur University, jointly organized by Centre for Studies in Social Sciences, Calcutta and Department of Economics, Jadavpur University.
- PhD Consortium, Shailesh J. Mehta School of Management (SJSOM), (23rd-24th February, 2018), IIT Bombay
- 14th Annual Conference on Economic Growth and Development (19th – 21st December, 2018), Indian Statistical Institute, Delhi.
- Singapore Economic Review Conference (2nd-4th August, 2017), Singapore.
- Participated in “ISB- IIM Bangalore Doctorial Consortium in Teaching”, 2017 at ISB Hyderabad from 23rd - 26th August 2017, jointly organized by ISB Hyderabad and IIM Bangalore.
- Participated in "RIS-EXIM Bank Summer School in International Trade", held during 19th-24th June 2017 at New Delhi, jointly organized by Research & Information System for Developing Countries (RIS) and EXIM Bank of India.
- Participated in "Winter School in Economics & Finance", held during 12th-16th December 2015 at Mumbai, jointly organized by CAFRAL-IGIDR.
- Participated in "Eight South Asian Workshop on CGE Modeling", held during 4th-8th August, 2015 at Cox's Bazaar, Bangladesh, jointly organized by South Asian Network on Economic Modeling (SANEM), Dhaka and South Asia Watch on Trade, Economics and Environment (SAWTEE), Kathmandu together with Centre for WTO Studies (CWS), New Delhi.