Sudhanshu PaniAssistant Professor
Phone : 022-42355886
Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
Academic and Professional Qualification
- Pursuing Ph.D in Management (Finance), School of Business Management, NMIMS University, Mumbai
- MBA (Exe-PGP), Indian Institute of Management, Indore, 2008 (Ranked first in class)
- Bachelor of Engineering, Utkal University, Indira Gandhi Institute of Technology,
1999, (Metallurgy and Materials Engineering, Graduated with Honors)
- Graduate of ICICI Bank ‘Banking Leadership Programme’, 2012
Data, Programming & Internet Skills
- R, Python, Pandas, C, SAS, SPSS, MySQL, Bloomberg, Emergent, Plone, Plomino, Zope, Android, Moodle
Honors and Awards
- Awarded the Certificate of Merit for securing the First Rank in Exe-PGP, Indian Institute of Management (IIM) Indore, Class of 2006-08
- Awarded the "BEST ALL ROUNDER AWARD, 1995” at V. S. Vidyalaya
- Editor of the techno-literary publication of IGIT Sarang, "TECHNO-QUEST,1998”
- HAL prize, 3rd in Std. 10th, V. S. Vidyalaya, 1993
- Member – Indian Finance Association, India
- Member - The Econometric Society, USA
- Member - Society for Experimental Finance, Austria
Courses Taught:Investment Analysis and Portfolio Management, Financial Accounting and Management Accounting, Financial Statement Analysis, Corporate Finance, Wealth Management, Financial Modelling.
Teaching Experience: 3 Year
- Lecturer, Indira Gandhi Institute of Technology, Utkal University, Sarang, Odisha, 1999 - 2000
- Visiting Faculty, School of Business Management, NMIMS, 2018-19
- Assistant Professor, Department of Finance, School of Business Management, NMIMS University, Mumbai (2019 – present)
Teaching and pedagogical Innovations
- A Programmed App / Board games to teach introductory financial accounting.
- Advisor, Nowa Labs, Singapore, 2019 – present
- ICICI Bank Limited, Mumbai, 2012 – 2018
- Investment Specialist, Wealth Management, 2016-18
- Branch Manager, Wealth Management, 2012-16
- Senior Manager, Imperia Premium Banking, HDFC Bank Limited, Mumbai 2008-12
- Co-Founder and Partner, Finance Central, Mumbai, 2006-08
- Sales Development Manager, HDFC Standard Life Insurance, Mumbai, 2005
- Officer, Wealth Management, Standard Chartered Bank, Mumbai, 2004-05
- Business Development Manager, Marketing Executive, Bailiwick Solutions Private Ltd., New Delhi, 2000 - 04
"Essays in Market Microstructure: On the Information Content of Quotes and Continuous Auctions in Limit Order Markets”
Capital Markets, Market Microstructure, Stochastic Processes, Complex Systems, Asset Allocation, Wealth Management.
- Pani Sudhanshu, (2016), ‘The Right Cocktail – Asset allocation and Wealth Management in India’, Kousalam Publishers.
Refereed Journal Articles
- Ranjan R Chakravarty, Sudhanshu Pani, (2022-23), Investigating Intertrade Durations using Copulas: An Experiment with NASDAQ Data, Algorithmic Finance, IOS Press, vol. 9, no. 3-4, pp. 81-102, ISSN: 2158-5571, 2157-6203, ABDC "B", Scopus, Web Of Science, https://ssrn.com/abstract=4183747
- Ranjan R Chakravarty, Sudhanshu Pani, (2021-22), A Data Paradigm to Operationalise Expanded Filtration: Realized Volatilities and Kernels from Non-Synchronous NASDAQ Quotes and Trades, Journal of Quantitative Economics, Springer International Publishing, vol. 19(4), pages 617-652, 0971-1554, 2364-1045 , ABDC "B", https://doi.org/10.1007/s40953-021-00252-0
- Ranjan R Chakravarty, Sudhanshu Pani, (2021-22), Are Asian exchanges outliers? A market quality criterion, Investment Management and Financial Innovations, Business Perspectives Ltd, Volume 18 2021, Issue #2, pp. 64-78, 1810-4967, 1812-9358, ABDC "B", Scopus http://dx.doi.org/10.21511/imfi.18(2).2021.06
- Sudhanshu Pani, (2021-22), Liquidity in high resolution in limit order markets, International Journal of Financial Markets and Derivatives, Inderscience Enterprises Ltd, Vol 8 No.1 pg no. 23-49, ISSN 1756-7130 (p), 1756-7149 (o), ABDC "C", https://doi.org/10.1504/IJFMD.2021.113844
- Pani Sudhanshu, 2020, A theory of ‘Auction as a Search’ in speculative markets, International Journal of Financial Markets and Derivatives, Inderscience Enterprises Ltd 1756-7130, 1756-7149, (forthcoming, ABDC "C” category)
Submitted to Peer Reviewed Journals
- Chakravarty, Ranjan and Pani, Sudhanshu , A Data Paradigm to Operationalise Expanded Filtration: Realized Volatilities and Kernels from Non-Synchronous NASDAQ Quotes and Trades (2020)
- Pani, Sudhanshu , Intraday Trading in Order Driven Markets (2020)
- Pani, Sudhanshu , Liquidity in High Resolution in Order Driven Markets (2020)
Research in Progress
- Chakravarty, Ranjan and Pani, Sudhanshu Sekhar, Non-Microstructure Noise (2018). Available at SSRN: http://dx.doi.org/10.2139/ssrn.3222147
- Pani, Sudhanshu Sekhar, The Information Content of Quotes in High Frequency Order Driven Markets (2019), https://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm?abstract_id=3349595,
- Chakravarty Ranjan and Pani, Sudhanshu, Broken Exchanges: An Analysis of Market Quality in NSE and Welfare Concerns (2019), http://ssrn.com/abstract=3330989
- Pani, Sudhanshu Sekhar, Information Aggregation in High Frequency Continuous Double Auctions (2018), Abstract Available at SSRN: https://ssrn.com/abstract=3269215.
- Chakravarty Ranjan and Pani, Sudhanshu, Liquidity, Durations and Bid-ask Spread in Limit Order Markets (2018), https://ssrn.com/abstract=3296798
- Mishra, Jasaswini and Pani, Sudhanshu Sekhar, Household Food Budget Inflation as an Aid to Policy Formulation (2011)
Case Studies and Technical Notes (written)
- Pani, Sudhanshu (2019), RSL Builders – A.
- Pani, Sudhanshu (2019), RSL Builders – B.
- Pani, Sudhanshu (2020), The Need for Financial Accounting - Bajaj Auto Ltd.
- Pani, Sudhanshu (2020), Khills Cold Press Oils.
- Pani, Sudhanshu (2019), Financial Statement Analysis – A Technical Note.
- Pani, Sudhanshu (2020), Guddi’s Wedding.
Paper Presented / Published in Conference
- Chakravarty, Ranjan and Pani, Sudhanshu, 'A Data Paradigm for Robustification of Parametric Estimation: Realized Volatilities and Kernels from Non-Synchronous NASDAQ Quotes', presented at FRG-IIM Udaipur-IGIDR market microstructure field workshop, Feb 2020, held at IGIDR Mumbai
- Pani, Sudhanshu Sekhar, Patnaik, Suresh Chandra and Sarangi Bidyadhar, A computer programme for selection of Hardenable Steels, (1999), published in the conference proceedings at the National Conference on Metals and materials at PSG College of Engineering, Coimbatore.
- Patnaik, Suresh C and Sarangi Bidyadhar, Pani, Sudhanshu , Rout, Santosh, Mishra Narayan, Padhi, Amitava, Mahapatra, Sanjiv, ‘Effect of Zinc Addition on Precipitation Characteristics of Heat Treated Al-Mg Cast alloys’, Proceedings of the ‘National seminar on Experimental Approaches in Pyrometallurgical Research, 2000’ held at Regional Research Laboratories, Bhubaneswar, Allied Publishers, New Delhi.
- Patnaik, Suresh C and Sarangi Bidyadhar, Pani, Sudhanshu , Rout, Santosh, Mishra Narayan, Padhi, Amitava, Mahapatra, Sanjiv, ‘Influence of Magnesium content on the structure and precipitation characteristics of heat treated Al-Mg cast alloys and effect of addition of zinc’, presented at ATM-99 of IIM, Nov. 13-16, 1999, IIT- Kanpur.