Ph.D (Management), MA ,MBA (Finance), FICMA, CAIIB, CMA
Attended Colloquium on Participant Centered Learning at Harvard Business School, Boston.USA
TEACHING EXPERIENCE – 30 YEARS
TEACHING AND PEDAGOGICAL INNOVATIONS
Extensive use of participant-centered learning
INDUSTRY/ CONSULTING EXPERIENCE - 23 YEARS PLUS
Worked in a frontline Public sector bank in India in senior management grade in the following strategic units of the bank:–Industrial Finance Branch, Lease department, Investment and funds management department, Branch banking, Computer Policy and Planning department, Organizational restructuring, Insurance, Faculty member.
SERVICE TO THE UNIVERSITY
Committee Member, Board of Management, (2012 - 2013).
SERVICE TO THE BUSINESS SCHOOL
- Programme Head(Academic) --- ICICI Bank YLP
- Former Associate Dean , MBA Programme, Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies (Deemed – to – be – University)
- Former Area Chairperson-Finance, SBM, NMIMS
- Former Programme Head – MBA SBM, NMIMS
- Former Chairperson, MBA ( Banking )
- Strategic Financial Management
- Strategic Cost Management
- Commercial Bank Management
- Wholesale and Retail Financing
- Working Capital Management
- Lease Financing
- Corporate Finance
- Financial Accounting and Analysis
- Cost Accounting
- Management Accounting
- Financial Management
- Management Control System
- Banking & Financial Services
- Applied Finance
- Financial Markets and products
- Risk and Capital Market
Expertise and Research Interest
Google scholar citations 133
Guide for Ph.D scholars – one awarded
Finance and Banking
- Kachwala, T., Bhadra, A., Bali, A., Dasgupta, C. (2018). Measuring Customer Satisfaction & Service Quality in Tourism Industry. Smart Journal of Business Management Studies, 14(1), 16-25. www.smartjournalbms.org
- Banerjee S., Dasgupta C., (2017) Financial Condition Index: Could it be a better policy instrument in context of India? Indian Journal of Economics & Business, Vol. 16, No. 1, pp. 153-160. (ABDC ‘C’ Category).
- Marakarkandy B, Yagnik N., Dasgupta C., (2017), "Enabling Internet Banking Adoption: An empirical examination with an Augmented Technology Acceptance Model (TAM)", Journal of Enterprise Information Management.”
- Kachwala T., Dasgupta C., Mukherjee P., (2016), Service Quality in Library from Customer’s point of view, Smart Journal of Business Management Studies, XIII (1), Scientific Management & Advanced Research Trust.
- Dasgupta C., (2016), Pandey A,Integrated Risk Management (IRM) in the Indian Banking Sector and Impact of Credit Risk Management on the Banks Profitability, SMART Journal of business management studies, XII(2)
- Gaikar, D. D., Marakarkandy, B., Dasgupta, C. (2015). Using Twitter data to predict the performance of Bollywood movies. Industrial Management & Data Systems, 115 (9), pp.1604 -1621
- Dasgupta C. (2014) Reverse Mortgages in the India Housing Market; A review- IJIMBS Vol 4, Issue 1, Jan–March 2014, ISSN:2230-9519 (On Line) / ISSN:2231-2463 (Print).
- Dasgupta, C., Daptardar, A., Krishnamoorthy, S. (2013). Reaching To Masses through Financial Inclusion. Zenith International Journal of Business Economics & Management Research, RESEARCH - ZIJBEMR, III(9).
- Dasgupta, C. , Daptardar, A., (2013). Securitisation of Longevity Risk in Reverse Mortgages, International Journal of Advances in Management, Technology & Engineering Sciences- IJAMTES, II(10 (1)).
- Dasgupta, C. (2007). CREDIT RISK CONTROL – A Basel II Perspective, Compliance Risk & Opportunity – The Journal of Risk Management and Compliance in Banking, July 2007
- Dasgupta, C. (2013). Chapters 3, 5 and 7. Management Accounting. Oxford University Press.
- Dasgupta, C. (2012). Chapters 13 to 20. Financial Management. New Delhi: Pearson Education.
Conferences and Workshops
FACULTY DEVELOPMENT PROGRAMS (FDP)
- Conducted FDP in “Case study Teaching pedagogy” for School of Commerce faculty for School of Commerce, NMIMS, SVKM.
- Conducted FDP in “Case study Teaching pedagogy” for School of Economics faculty, school of Economics, NMIMS, SVKM
- Conducted FDP in “Case study Teaching pedagogy” for all faculties of schools of NMIMS SVKM other than that of SBM on 5th May, 2012
- Conducted FDP in “Case study Teaching pedagogy” for faculties of School of Business Management, NMIMS, SVKM .
- Conducted seminars on “Case method of learning” for faculty members of Thakur College of Engineering and Technology
- Conducted seminars on “Case method of learning” for faculty members of Thakur College of Management studies
COMPANY TRAINING PROGRAM CONDUCTED
- Programme in charge of ICICI Bank Young Leaders’ Programme which is successfully running for its sixth batch. Played a role in taking the programme to a new high.
- Conducted modules in MDPs for
- L & T SDP (both in India and Abroad), CRISIL CCAP,ACC-Ambuja cement MDP,Union Bank,Defence Programme,Mercedes Benz India, Jindal Steel,Dr. Reddy’s Lab,Taj Hotels, Air Freight Limited, Development Credit Bank,ICICI Bank, Trac mail Limited, Air Tel Services, 3 S Global Services , Intelenet Services, Accenture, Lupin Laboratory, Reliance Industries Ltd, Tata Housing, Chemtrol, Airtel etc.
Contribution to Community
- WeCare Guide – Actively guiding the students for the WeCare Corporate Social Responsibility Internships
- Best teacher Award, NMIMS, (2016).
- Dewang Mehta B-School Award for Best Teacher in Financial Management, (2010).
- Best teacher Award, NMIMS, (2008).
- HEF (Higher Education Forum) Award for Best Faculty award for outstanding contribution in the area of Financial Management, through teaching, research & publications. (Sponsored and supported by Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE)) (2017)