Dayanand B. Shetty
Areas of Specialisation
- Business Environment and Strategy
- Ph.D. University of Mumbai, 2007
- Major: Law
- Dissertation Title: Terrorism in India (A Study Into The Causes Of Terrorism And Possible Measures To Combat It)
- LLM, Jitendra Chouhan College of Law, 2001. Major: International Law & Law of Crimes
- LLB, Jitendra Chouhan College of Law, 1998
- B.Com, Chinai College of Commerce, 1994
Academic, Government, Military and Professional Positions
Academic - P-12
- Ex-Principal (I/C), Nalanda Law College.
- Ex-Visiting Lecturer For LLM, University of Mumbai, Fort, Mumbai .
- Ex-Visiting Lecturer For L.L.B & LLM, School of Law, SNDT University, Santacruz, Mumbai .
- Ex-Visiting Professor for various Law Colleges and Management Institutes.
- Handling legal issues pertaining to contractual obligations, compliances and other issues for International/Domestic Business Institutions, Cooperative Societies ,Film Production Houses,etc.
- Handling legal matters pertaining to RERA, Consumer Act, Cooperative Societies Act ,etc
- Empanelled as Legal Advisor for various Cooperative Housing Societies in Mumbai advising on Society Matters and Redevelopment/Self Development process.
- Empanelment with Sproxil Inc from 2016 to 2018
- Legal Advisor for Sproxil Inc., Delware, Cambrige Street, Cambridge, MA 02141, U.S.A.
- Legal Advisor for Sproxil Brand Solutions Pvt Limited, India.
- Legal Advisor For Sproxil Nigeria,Sproxil Kenya and Sproxil Tanzania
- The Indian Contract Act
- The Sales of Goods Act
- Intellectual Property Law
- The Consumer Protection Act 2019
- Legal Environment of Business
- Legal Aspects of Business
- The Information and Technology Act (As Amended),The Competition Act
- 2002 (As Amended)
- Real Estate (Regulation and Development) Act
- Industrial and Labour Laws and other Acts
Directed Student Learning
- Supervised Research, Other (Outside Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies). (2011 - 2019).
- Five students awarded Ph.D. under his guideship in the subject of Law
- Contract Law, Consumer Law, Real Estate (Regulation and Development) Act, 2016,Competition Act ,Cooperative Society Law and Intellectual Property Rights
Honours & Awards
- Presided as a judge for the Debate Competition: Canvass- Tug of Words, SADBHAVNA, organized by The Social Responsibility Forum, NMIMS.
- Presided as one of the judges for State Moot Court Competition, held at K.C.Law College, Churchgate, Mumbai, 2015.
- Presided as a judge for 9th Grand Intra Moot Court Competition at SVKM’s Pravin Gandhi College of Law.
- Professional: Member of Departmental Research Committee (Law), SNDT Law School, SNDT University Santacruz, Mumbai.
- Member of the Editorial team of Nolegein-Journal of Corporate and Business Law.
Teaching Experience-14 years
Teaching and pedagogical Innovations
- Incorporating judicial precedents in the teaching method and analysing its legal implications. Discussing the latest Supreme Court and High Court cases and aligning the same with their course learning objectives .
- 20 Years experience as a Legal Practitioner
Service to the University
- Completed Teaching Sessions in the Subject of ‘Industrial Relations and Labour Law’ for NMIMS Global Access School of Continuing Education.
- Paper Setter for NMIMS Global Access School of Continuing Education
- Involved in Content Development and Review of Book on ‘Industrial Relations and Labour Law’ for NMIMS Global Access School Of Continuing Education
- Chairperson of the Question Paper Setting Committee for NMIMS School of Law
Service to the School
- Mentored FT MBA Students for their Summer Internship Programme.
- Mentored WE CARE Students for WE CARE Internship Programme.
- Faculty Mentor for MBA Law Students
- Faculty Mentor for MBA HR Students
- Offered legal advice on matters relating to Contracts ,IPR and other legal issues to students for their business ventures.
- ConductedWorkshops for MBA students on the topic of "Introduction to Intellectual Property Rights” and "Rights of Consumers under The Consumer Protection Act, 1986”.
- Terrorism in India (A Study into the Causes of Terrorism and Possible Measures to Combat It)
- Five students awarded Ph.D. and 2 students pursuing Ph.D. under his guidance.
- Appointed External Referee for Evaluation of Ph.D. Thesis
- Shetty, D. R. (2013), Violence Against Women–Need To Awaken the Conscience of Humanity. Gender Insensitivity and Sexual Harassment: Analysis and Remedial Measures. Hyderabad: Asian Law House.
- Shetty, D. R. Co-authored with Mrs Medha Shetye, Rural Development: Challenges and Opportunities. Is it Really A Republic of Hunger In India; Need of an Integrated And Multi prolonged Approach (vol. z). Aurangabad, Gujarat: Ajanta Prakashan, p.p-10-14.
- Shetty, D. R. (2013), Rural Development: Challenges and Opportunities. Importance of Rural Development In India; Need of an Integrated And Multi prolonged Approach (vol. z). Aurangabad, Maharashtra: Ajanta Prakashan, p.p 93 -97.
Refereed Journal Articles
- Sexual Harassment At Workplace: Responses And Challenges,Indian Streams Research Journal International Multidisciplinary Research Journal, Issue1,Aurangabad,Feb 2014, Volume 4, pp. 1-6.ISSN No.:2230-785.
- Role of Supreme Court in enforcing Gender Equality and Gender Justice, International Journal of Multidisciplinary Educational Research, IJMER,Volume 3,Issue 6(2),June 2014,ISSN 2277-7881.
- The Copyright (Amendment )Act ,2012, A Progressive Step to Encourage &Reward Creativity: Analysis of the Important Provisions of the Act, AJANTA (An International Multidisciplinary Quarterly Research Journal),Issue No 1, Aurangabad,Ajanta Prakashan,January-March 2013,Volume No. II,pp.47-50.ISSN 227.
- Novelty And Originality Under The Designs Act,2000 With Reference To Selected Cases, GENIUS (An International Multidisciplinary Half- YearlyResearch Journal),Issue No II,Aurangabad, Ajanta Prakashan, February-July 2013,Volume No I ,pp. 6-8,ISSN 2279-0489.
- Irretrievable Breakdown of Marriage as a Ground ForDissolution of Marriage: Analysis and Review, IDEAL (An International Multidisciplinary, Half- Yearly Research Journal),Issue II,AurangabadAjanta Prakashan,March-August, 2013, Volume –I, pp. 68=71, ISSN 2319-359X.
- Co–Authored,Discretionary Powers of The Governor under the Indian Constitution, GENIUS, (An International MultidisciplinaryHalf- Yearly Research Journal), Issue No II,Aurangabad,Ajanta Prakashan,February-July 2013,Volume No I ,pp. 38-41,SSN 2279-0489.
- Sexual Harassment at Workplace :A Legal Perspective, Galaxy Link ,(An International Multidisciplinary Half- YearlyResearch Journal ),Issue No 1 Aurangabad ,Ajanta Prakashan, November-April, 2013-2014,Volume No II,pp.40-44,ISSN 2319-8508.
- Judicial Trends in Assessment of Damages and penalties under Breach of Contract’,The Public Problems and Solutions,An International Referred and Peer Reviewed Research Journal Related to Higher Education for all Subjects,Hindi-English Quarterly Journal,Volume 4, No 1, Jan-March 2015,pp.-1 to 3,ISSN 2320-4540.
- Efficacy of Arbitration under the Arbitration Act 1996 (As Amended 2015): An Overview of the Arbitration Process’. NOLEGEIN Journal of Corporate & Business Laws, Vol. 1 Issue 1, pp.-1 to 7, December 2017.
- Research Paper titled "Awareness of Women’s Rights in Rural India” Presented at U.G.C Sponsored National Seminar on Women’s Empowerment Legislative, Judicial and Societal Approaches,Organised by S.N.D.T Women’s University Law School,Mumbai.
- Research Paper titled "Gender Insensitivity and Sexual Harassment: Analysis and Remedial Measures” Presented at U.G.C Sponsored National Seminar on ‘Violence Against Women-need to Awaken the Conscience of Humanity (Interdisciplinary), Organized by Dayanand College of Law, Latur, Maharashtra.
- Research Paper titled "Importance of Rural Development in India: Need of an Integrated and Multi prolonged Approach” Presented at National Conference on Rural Development: Challenges and Opportunities, Aurangabad.