Associate Dean & Professor
Dr. Bala Krishnamoorthy has about 30+ years of work experience in teaching, institutional building, research and consulting. She is presently the Associate Dean & Professor of Strategy, at School of Business Management, NMIMS University, Mumbai
Dr.Krishnamoorthy holds a PG degree from the University of Madras, PG degree from the School of Planning, CEPT Ahmedabad and a PhD From JBIMS, Mumbai. She has the coveted Fulbright scholar and also has received scholarship and attended HBS for case teaching and participant centred learning methods. She has contributed to institutional development and has been part of the Board of Management at NMIMS University. She spearheaded the processes for AACSB accreditation for SBM-NMIMS which lead to the initial accreditation for SBM-NMIMS.
She has designed and conducted Executive Development Programs for banks, companies and academic institutions. She is also a regular trainer with some of the leading executive development training institutes.
She has contributed to the area of strategy, at SBM immensely by developing new courses, adding faculty members and curricular improvements as area chairperson in the last 15 years.
She held positions of institutional responsibilities for Industry Partnerships, chairperson for MBA admissions and faculty in charge for career advancement, Industry Institute Partnership Cell (IIPC) etc. She has also developed Industry electives for adding value to the teaching-learning process in the MBA program.
Dr. Krishnamoorthy has 20 articles in the ABDC (Australian Business Deans Council) Journal list in the last 5 years along with case-studies with teaching notes published in Ivey case publishing house, the case centre (ECCH) and Emerald Case publishing house. Her book on Environmental Management Text and cases is published by Prentice Hall of India in its third edition in 2017.
She is a PhD Research Guide at SBM-NMIMS. Three students have received the doctoral degree with her guidance and four candidates have submitted a synopsis. She is an external examiner for PhD viva at TISS, NITIE – Mumbai, NIRMA University, Goa University, South Gujarat University Vallabh Vidya Nagar, Anand.
- Strategic Management
- Strategic Perspectives in Indian Businesses
- Strategy Implementation
- Management consulting
- Environmental Management
- Ethics & CSR
- Seminar on Strategic Management for Ph.D program
Expertise and Research Interest
No. of Citations– 183, H index -6, i10 index -4
Research gate number of reads -323
Orchid ID 0000-001-5771-4387
Scopus Author ID 56259263400
(last five/six years) (2015-2020)
- Bishwajit Nayak, Som Sekhar Bhatacharya, Bala Krishnamoorthy, (2019-20), Integrating wearable technology products and big data analytics in business strategy: A study of health insurance firms, Journal of Systems and Information Technology, Emerald Publishing Limited, Vol. 21 No. 2, pp. 255-275, (P) 1328-7265, (O) 1758-8847, ABDC "B", Scopus.
- Bishwajit Nayak, Som Sekhar Bhatacharya, Bala Krishnamoorthy, (2019-20), Application of digital technologies in health insurance for social good of bottom of pyramid customers in India, International Journal of Sociology and Social Policy, Emerald Publishing Limited, Vol.39, Issue 9/10, pp. 752-772, (P) 0144-333X (O) 1758-6720, ABDC "B", Scopus, Web of Science.
- Bala Krishnamoorthy, Madhavi Damale, (2017-18), Models of Innovations: an overview of perspectives and expositions, International Journal of Value Chain Management, Vol. 8, No. 4, pp.342-362, (O)17415365 (P) 17415357, ABDC "C", Scopus, UGC, 11-Jan-2018.
- Gayathri Sampath, Bala Krishnamoorthy, (2017-18), Is Strategic agility the new Holy Grail? International Journal of Business Excellence, Vol. 13, No. 2, Page No. 160-180 (P)1756-0047, (O)1756-0055, ABDC "C", Scopus, UGC, 2017
- Somesh Gaur, Bala Krishnamoorthy, (2017-18), Emergence of multipresence-a theoretical underpinning, International Journal of Business Information System, Vol.27, No.1, pp.123-134, (O)17460980 (P)17460972, ABDC "C", Scopus, UGC, 21 Nov 2017
- Siddjartha Rajagopal, Bala Krishnamoorthy, Vivek Khanapuri, (2018-19), Competitive Logistics Capability for sustainable organizational Performance: a study of textile industry in India, International Journal of Logistics Economics and Globalization, Vol 7, Issue 2, pp 105-224 (P) 1741-5373, (O) 1741-5381, ABDC "C", UGC, 05-Jun-2018.
- Biswajit Nayak, Bala Krishnamoorthy, Som Sekhar Bhattacharya, Prasanta Pathak, (2018-19), Customer Preferences for Health Insurance Product Attributes, Journal of Services Research, Vol 18, Issue 1, (P) 0972-4702, ABDC "C", UGC, EBSCO, Proquest, Cabell's, UlrichWeb, April – September 2018.
- Dinesh Panchal, Bala Krishnamoorthy, (Accepted) 2019-20, Emerging perspectives on business model typologies, International Journal of Business Excellence, (P) 1756-0047, (O) 1756-0055, ABDC "C", Scopus, UGC, Google Scholar, Proquest, Cabell's.
- Dinesh Panchal, Bala Krishnamoorthy, (2019-20), Developing and Instrument for Business Model Dimensions: Exploring Linkages with Firm Competitiveness, International Journal of Global Business and Competitiveness, (P) 0973-4619, (O) 0976-1888, ABDC "C”, 20 December 2019
- Amit Sinha, Dr. Bala Krishnamoorthy,( Accepted Jan 2020), Business Analytics Adoption in Firms, International Journal of Business Information systems- IJBIS, (P) 1746-0972 , (O) 1746-0980 ABDC "C", Scopus, UGC, Jan 2020
- Kali Charan Sabat, Bala Krishnamoorthy, 'January 2020, Sustainable supply chain management practices and their mediation effect on economic returns, Corporate Governance and Sustainability, (P) 2519-8971 (O) 2519-898X, ABDC "C", Scopus, UGC, Jan 2020
- Amit K, Bala Krishnamoorthy, D Kamath,2020, Key Themes for multi-stage business analytics adoption in organizations, Asia Pacific Journal of Information Systems, (P)2288-5404 (O) 2288-6818, ABDC "C", Scopus, UGC, 2020.
- Amit K, Bala Krishnamoorthy,2020, Accepted, Business Analytics Adoption in Firms: A Qualitative Study Elaborating TOE Framework in India, International Journal of Global Business and Competitiveness, (P) 0973-4619 , (O) 0976-1888, ABDC "C", Scopus, UGC, 2020.
- Gayathri Sampath, Somsekar Bhattacharyya, Bala Krishnamoorthy, June 2020, Journal of General Management, ABDC "B", Scopus, UGC, 2020. (accepted)
Conferences and Workshops
- Krishnamoorthy, B., Sampath, G. (2017). "The Emerging World Order of Digital Economy: Strategic Perspectives". Mumbai: Presented at 2nd NMIMS Business School Industry Interaction Conference, Business Excellence in Digital Economy.
- Krishnamoorthy, B.,Siddarth Rajagopal. (2013). Logistics Performance in the Textile Sector (pp. 8). gwalior: International Conference on Management & Business Research ( ICMBR) at Gwalior on November 23-24,2013, organized by The Society Of Technical and Management Professionals (STMP). www.stmp.co.in
- Krishnamoorthy, B., Gayathri Sampath. (2013). Are Indian Banks Strategically Agile? Scope for adopting strategic agility to banking sector (pp. 12). Tamil Nadu: Great Lakes – Union Bank Conference Theme: Emerging Issues in Banking & Finance.
- Mazumdar, S., Krishnamoorthy, B., Mohanty, C. (2011). Future Group- Sourcing and Logistics. In Building Competencies for Sustainability and Organizational Excellence. Macmillan publishers.
- Consultant to B schools for training on Assurance of Learning, Academic Audit for NBA and Mission writing exercises & teaching learning processes. Consultant for reviewing Initial accreditation reports for Indian B schools.
Contribution to Community -Been a part of Green evangelists’ team – providing consulting solutions to develop sustainability reports. Trainer for building managerial skills to managers of cooperative banks in Maharashtra. Developed case studies in the social sector.
- Awards: Recipient of Best teacher of Management Award 2005-2006 from Bombay Management Association – BMA & from School of Business Management, NMIMS 2008
- Recipient of Full bright IAELP fellowship for the year 2003-2004 with Hass School of Business USA.
- Trained in case method and participant centred learning methods at Harvard Business School