(Ph.D. (Fin), MBA (Fin), BE (Power Electronics), GloColl Alumnus, Harvard Business School, Advanced Certificate in Finance, Wharton Business School, USA.
Dr. Mayank Joshipura is a Professor of Finance School of Business Management, NMIMS University, Mumbai. Dr. Joshipura, an engineering graduate, holds Ph.D. and MBA degrees in Finance. He is an alumnus of Harvard Business School, Glocoll program. He has completed a certificate programme on “Creating value through financial management” from Wharton Business School, USA. Dr. Joshipura is the recipient of the “Best Finance Professor Award” at the 23rd Devang Mehta, National Education awards in the year 2015.
Dr. Joshipura has more than two decades of experience in management education and consulting. He has worked with several reputed institutes including S P Jain Institute of Management & Research, Mumbai, where he was a faculty and Head of the Finance area, prior to joining NMIMS in 2013. He had been a visiting faculty to many reputed business schools including IIM-Lucknow, IIM-Indore, SPJIMR, and SPJCM Singapore. He has been a regular faculty for UGC refresher courses for management and commerce faculty.
Dr.Joshipura has published several papers in reputed national and international journals. He has been a reviewer for a number of international journals. He has published a series of articles in the leading business dailies and portals like Economic Times, Financial Express, ET Wealth, DNA Money and moneycontrol.com. He has served as an expert for a RadioOne-95 FM on Finance News and Analysis for a period of six months from Jan 2015 to June 2015. He has also chaired sessions at many international and national conferences. He has completed two funded research projects for National Stock Exchange of India. He also has supervised two funded research projects under NSE’s student’s research project initiative.
Dr.Joshipura has designed and conducted several training programs and MDP sessions for many reputed organizations such as SBI, PNB, BSE, AMA, ISE, LIC MF, Asian Paints, ACC, Zydus Cadila, Sun pharma, IFFCO, GSPC, Gujarat Gas, V-Trans and many more.
Dr. Joshipura has a keen interest in the areas of Portfolio Management, Behavioral finance, Alternative Investments and Hedge Funds, Corporate Valuation, Derivatives and financial risk management, Mergers and Acquisitions and Wealth Management. He is currently pursuing research in the areas of Factor Investment Strategies and Behavioural Finance.
- Investment Analysis and Portfolio Management
- Alternative Investments and Hedge Funds
- Derivatives and Risk Management
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Wealth Management
- Corporate Finance
Expertise and Research Interest
Number of Citations: 92
- Mayank Joshipura and Nehal Joshipura (2020). Low-risk effect: evidence, explanations and approaches to enhancing the performance of low-risk investment strategies. Investment Management and Financial Innovations, 17(2), 128-145. doi:10.21511/imfi.17(2).2020.11 (B Category, ABDC Classification)
- Shilpa Peswani and Mayank Joshipura (2019). The volatility effect across size buckets: evidence from the Indian stock market. Investment Management and Financial Innovations, 16(3), 62-75. doi:10.21511/imfi.16(3).2019.07 (B Category, ABDC Classification)
- Shilpa Peswani and Mayank Joshipura (2017), Returns to low risk investment strategy, Applied Finance Letters. 6(1), 2-15. doi: https://doi.org/10.24135/afl.v6i01.65 (B Category, ABDC Classification)
- M Joshipura and N Joshipura (2016), The Volatility Effect: Evidence from India, Applied Finance Letters, 5(1), 12-27. doi: https://doi.org/10.24135/afl.v5i1.32 (B Category, ABDC Classification)
- Mayank Joshipura and Sundaram Janakiramanan (2015), Afro Asian Journal of Finance and Accounting, 5(1), 21-36, doi: 10.1504/AAJFA.2015.067824 (C Category, ABDC Classification)
Conferences and Workshops
- Attended Glocoll Programme at Harvard Business School, Boston USA and HBS Shanghai Centre (2018-19)
- Best Faculty (Finance) at 23rd Devang Mehta, National Education Award, 2015.
Media and Coverage
- Published more than 15 articles in last three years in Financial Express, ET-Wealth and moneycontrol.com