Professor, Associate Dean Research and Ph.D. Programme
(Ph.D. (Fin), MBA (Fin), BE (Power Electronics), GloColl Alumnus, Harvard Business School, Advanced Certificate in Finance, Wharton Business School, USA.
Dr. Mayank Joshipura is a Professor of Finance School of Business Management, NMIMS University, Mumbai. Dr. Joshipura, an engineering graduate, holds Ph.D. and MBA degrees in Finance. He is an alumnus of Harvard Business School, Glocoll program. He has completed a certificate programme on “Creating value through financial management” from Wharton Business School, USA. Dr. Joshipura is the recipient of the “Best Finance Professor Award” at the 23rd Devang Mehta, National Education awards in the year 2015.
Dr. Joshipura has more than two decades of experience in management education and consulting. He has worked with several reputed institutes including S P Jain Institute of Management & Research, Mumbai, where he was a faculty and Head of the Finance area, prior to joining NMIMS in 2013. He had been a visiting faculty to many reputed business schools including IIM-Lucknow, IIM-Indore, SPJIMR, and SPJCM Singapore. He has been a regular faculty for UGC refresher courses for management and commerce faculty.
Dr.Joshipura has published several papers in reputed national and international journals. He has been a reviewer for a number of international journals. He has published a series of articles in the leading business dailies and portals like Economic Times, Financial Express, ET Wealth, DNA Money and moneycontrol.com. He has served as an expert for a RadioOne-95 FM on Finance News and Analysis for a period of six months from Jan 2015 to June 2015. He has also chaired sessions at many international and national conferences. He has completed two funded research projects for National Stock Exchange of India. He also has supervised two funded research projects under NSE’s student’s research project initiative.
Dr.Joshipura has designed and conducted several training programs and MDP sessions for many reputed organizations such as SBI, PNB, BSE, AMA, ISE, LIC MF, Asian Paints, ACC, Zydus Cadila, Sun pharma, IFFCO, GSPC, Gujarat Gas, V-Trans and many more.
Dr. Joshipura has a keen interest in the areas of Portfolio Management, Behavioral finance, Alternative Investments and Hedge Funds, Corporate Valuation, Derivatives and financial risk management, Mergers and Acquisitions and Wealth Management. He is currently pursuing research in the areas of Factor Investment Strategies and Behavioural Finance.
- Investment Analysis and Portfolio Management
- Alternative Investments and Hedge Funds
- Derivatives and Risk Management
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Wealth Management
- Corporate Finance
Expertise and Research Interest
Number of Citations: 175
- Alshater Muneer, Joshipura Mayank, Rim El Khouri and Nohade Narsallah, (2022-23), Initial Coin Offerings: a Hybrid Empirical Review, Small Business Economics, Springer International Publishing, Online Published 14th January 2023, 0921-898X, 1573-0913, ABDC "A", Scopus, Impact Factor: 7.096, https://doi.org/10.1007/s11187-022-00726-2
- Hitesh Kalro, Mayank Joshipura, (2022-23), Product attributes and benefits: integrated framework and research agenda, Marketing Intelligence & Planning, Emerald Group Publishing, Vol. 41 No. 4, pp. 409-426., 0263-4503, 1758-8049, ABDC "A", Scopus, Web Of Science, Impact Factor: 4.338, https://doi.org/10.1108/MIP-09-2022-0402
- Mayank Joshipura, Nehal Joshipura, Aditya Sharma, (2022-23), Demystifying disposition effect: past, present and future, Qualitative Research in Financial Markets, Emerald Group Publishing, Online Published February 2023, 1755-4179, 1755-4187, ABDC "B", Scopus, https://doi.org/10.1108/QRFM-07-2022-0114
- Khakan Najaf, Mayank Joshipura, Muneer M. Alshater , (2022-23), War build-up and stock returns: evidence from Russian and Ukrainian stock markets, The Journal of Risk Finance, Emerald Group Publishing, Vol. 24 No. 3, pp. 354-370, 1526-5943 , ABDC "B", Scopus, https://doi.org/10.1108/JRF-05-2022-0107
- Mayank Joshipura, Ashu Lamba, (2022-23), Impact of the COVID-19 outbreak on stock returns of Indian healthcare and tourism sectors, Investment Management and Financial Innovations, Business Perspectives Ltd, Vol. 20 2023, Issue. 1, pp. 48-57, 1810-4967, 1812-9358 , ABDC "B", Scopus, http://dx.doi.org/10.21511/imfi.20(1).2023.05
- Mayank Joshipura, Vasant Sivaraman, (2022-23), To Tender Or Not: An Investor’s Dilemma In The First Hostile Takeover In Indian It Services Industry, Emerald Emerging Markets Case Studies, Emerald Group Publishing, Vol. 12 No. 4, Scopus, https://doi.org/10.1108/EEMCS-04-2022-0075
- Mayank Joshipura, Hema Gwalani, Sachin Mathur, (2022-23), Decrypting IPO Pricing: An Integrated Bibliometric and Content Analysis Approach, Managerial Finance, Emerald Group Publishing, Online Published 29th August 2022, ISSN: 0307-4358 , 1758-7743, ABDC "B", Scopus, Web Of Science, https://doi.org/10.1108/MF-06-2022-0293
- Bhatt Amola, Joshipura Mayank, Joshipura Nehal, (2022-23), Decoding the trinity of Fintech, digitalization and financial services: An integrated bibliometric analysis and thematic literature review approach, Cogent Economics and Finance, Taylor & Francis, Vol.10, Issue1, ISSN: 2332-2039 , ABDC "B", Scopus, Web Of Science, https://doi.org/10.1080/23322039.2022.2114160
- Joshipura Mayank, Wats Sangeeta, (2022-23), Decoding Momentum Returns: An integrated bibliometric and content analysis approach, Qualitative Research in Financial Markets, Emerald Group Publishing, Online Published 13th September 2022, ISSN: 1755-4179, 1755-4187, ABDC "B", Scopus, Web Of Science, https://doi.org/10.1108/QRFM-12-2021-0211
- Nikita Kedia, Mayank Joshipura, (2022-23), Green bonds for sustainability: current pathways and new avenues, Managerial Finance, ABDC "B", Scopus https://doi.org/10.1108/MF-08-2022-0367
- Shilpa Peswani, Mayank Joshipura, (2021-22), Leverage constraints or preference for lottery: What explains the low-risk effect in India?, Investment Management and Financial Innovations, Business Perspectives Ltd, Volume 18, Issue 2, pp. 48-63 , 16 April 2021, 1810-4967, 1812-9358 , ABDC "B", Scopus, http://dx.doi.org/10.21511/imfi.18(2).2021.05
- Shilpa Peswani, Mayank Joshipura , (2021-22) Low-risk Investment strategy: Sector bets or stock bets”? , Managerial Finance, Emerald Group Publishing, Vol. 48 No. 3, pp. 521-539, 0307-4358, 1758-7743 , ABDC "B", Scopus, Web of Science, https://doi.org/10.1108/MF-09-2021-0415
- Mayank Joshipura, Manoj Panda, (2022-23), Impact of cross-border mergers and acquisitions on short-term gain to shareholders of target firms in India-effect of the mode of payment and industry relatedness, Afro-Asian Journal of Finance and Accounting, Inderscience Enterprises Ltd.,1751-6455, 1751-6447, ABDC "C", Scopus, vol. 12(5), pages 648-677. https://ideas.repec.org/a/ids/afasfa/v12y2022i5p648-677.html
- Mayank Joshipura, Shilpa Peswani, (2018-19), The Volatility Effect in Value and Growth Stocks: Evidence from India, NMIMS Management Review, NMIMS University, Vol 36, Issue 1, pp 46-62, 0971-1023, UGC, Web of Science, https://management-review.nmims.edu/wp-content/uploads/2018/april/the-volatility-effect-in-value-and-growth-stocks-evidence-from-india-mayank-joshipura-shilpa-peswani.pdf
- Mayank Joshipura, Manoj Panda, (2018-19), Effect of Mergers and Acquisitions on short- term gain to equity shareholders of acquiring firms in India, Afro-Asian Journal of Finance and Accounting, Inderscience Publishers Ltd, Vol 9, Issue 1, (P) 1751-6447, (O) 1751-6455, ABDC "C", Scopus, UGC, 10.1504/AAJFA.2019.1001792
- Nehal Joshipura, Mayank Joshipura, (2018-19), The Volatility Effect: Recent Evidence from Indian Markets, Theoretical Economics Letters, Scientific Research Publishing, Vol.9, Issue. 6, pp 2152-2064, (O) 2162-2086, (P) 2162-2078, 10.4236/tel.2019.96136
- Mayank Joshipura and Nehal Joshipura (2020). Low-risk effect: evidence, explanations and approaches to enhancing the performance of low-risk investment strategies. Investment Management and Financial Innovations, 17(2), 128-145. doi:10.21511/imfi.17(2).2020.11 (B Category, ABDC Classification)
- Shilpa Peswani and Mayank Joshipura (2019). The volatility effect across size buckets: evidence from the Indian stock market. Investment Management and Financial Innovations, 16(3), 62-75. doi:10.21511/imfi.16(3).2019.07 (B Category, ABDC Classification)
- Shilpa Peswani and Mayank Joshipura (2017), Returns to low risk investment strategy, Applied Finance Letters. 6(1), 2-15. doi: https://doi.org/10.24135/afl.v6i01.65 (B Category, ABDC Classification)
- M Joshipura and N Joshipura (2016), The Volatility Effect: Evidence from India, Applied Finance Letters, 5(1), 12-27. doi: https://doi.org/10.24135/afl.v5i1.32 (B Category, ABDC Classification)
- Mayank Joshipura and Sundaram Janakiramanan (2015), Afro Asian Journal of Finance and Accounting, 5(1), 21-36, doi: 10.1504/AAJFA.2015.067824 (C Category, ABDC Classification)
- Sachin Mathur, Mayank Joshipura, (2021-22), Cases in Financial Management, SAGE publishing, ISBN: 9789354793240, peer-reviewed, Link: https://in.sagepub.com/en-in/sas/cases-in-financial-management/book281940
Conferences and Workshops
- Mayank Joshipura, Vasant Sivaraman, (2020-21), To Tender Or Not: An Investor’s Dilemma In The First Hostile Takeover In Indian It Services Industry, NACRA 2020, North American Case Research Association
- Attended Glocoll Programme at Harvard Business School, Boston USA and HBS Shanghai Centre (2018-19)
- Best Faculty (Finance), School of Business Management 2022-23
- Best Faculty (Finance) at 23rd Devang Mehta, National Education Award, 2015.
Media and Coverage
- Published more than 15 articles in last three years in Financial Express, ET-Wealth and moneycontrol.com