Director, Jasani Center for Social Entrepreneurship & Sustainability Management
Dr. Meena Galliara is currently appointed as Director, Jasani Center for Social Entrepreneurship & Sustainability Management, SBM, NMIMS. She is alumna of TISS and founder member of the Tata Council of Community Initiatives. She is also a Fellow of the Business Community Foundation, the Indian arm of Prince of Wales Business Forum, London. For little over a decade she worked as Faculty Member in the Department of Social Welfare Administration at TISS.
At NMIMS as an educator, her work aims at creating a new generation of business leaders and social entrepreneurs who are knowledgeable about and are committed to create a sustainable society. Dr. Galliara has handled international teaching assignments with Reitaku University, Japan, National University of Singapore, Euromed Management School and NEOMA Business School, Management School, France.
- Corporate Social Responsibility
- Creating Shared Values :
- Competitive Advantage through Social Impact
- Introduction to Social Entrepreneurship
- Managing & Organizing Social Enterprises
- Strategic Management
- Project Management
- Corporate Sustainability
- Understanding Global Culture & Management of International Development Projects
- Management of Public Private Partnerships
- Development Communication
Expertise and Research Interest
No. of citations –Google Scholar- 12; h-index- 2; Research Gate 1.7
ORCID number: 0000-0002-7724-1318
- Galliara, M., Srivastava, M. (2017). The Bake Collective – Making a delicious difference. Emerald Emerging Markets Case Studies.
- Srivastava, M., Galliara, M., Iyer, A. A. (2016). Hey Taxi! A two-wheeler solution for Mumbai’s traffic woes. Ivey case publishing House.
- Srivastava, M., Galliara, M. (2016). OSCAR Foundation: Empowering lives through Football. Emerald Emerging Markets Case Studies.
- Galliara, M. (2000). Sahaveeryam, Manual for Managing and Sustaining Cross Sector Partnerships. Business Community Foundation, Prince of Wales Business Leaders Forum.
- Conference: Social Enterprises: The Future We See (2017).
- Round Table Conference (2018): CSR & Game Change: Reality Check
- Ek Prayas (2020): Celebrating the Journey of Padma Awardees
- CSR Policy & Practice (2014- 2020): Bombay Chamber of Commerce & Industry Stakeholder Mapping & SROI (2016 & 2017): Tata Housing Ltd
- Academic, IICA. (2014 - 2015)
- Research, Samvedana (2014-15)
- CSR Research, HPCL, (2015)
- SROI, Mahindra Sanyo (2015)
- SROI, Tata Motors (2016)
- Women Empowerment, BCCI (2018-19)
- Research, KPMG (2019)
Contribution to Community
- Trustee: International Resources for Fairer Trade (IRFT)
- The Trust is dedicated to empowering farmers, artisans, companies and NGOs to develop business capacity and promote sustainable livelihoods
- Co-chair, CSR Committee, Bombay Chamber of Commerce & Industry
- Special Invitee to Board: Bombay Chamber of Commerce & Industry
- Gold Award from Indian Management Association for case study on Sensitizing Budding Managers through Civic Engagement (2018)
- CSR Education Excellency Award from Indywoods, Telangana (2018)
- Wockhardt Foundation, Best Educator in Social Entreprenuership, Popular Award, Wockhardt Foundation. (November 2016).
- Indywood CSR Excellence Awards, Project Indywood. (September 26, 2016).
- Recipient of the Bharat Jyoti Award, conferred by India International Friends Society, for contribution to Social Entrepreneurship Education and Practice, 2012
- Recipient of the Best Professor in Business Strategy, Asia Best B-School Award, Asia CMO Council (2010)
- Recipient of the Dewang Mehta Best Teacher in Social Enterprise Category Award (2009)
- Recipient of the Golden Peacock Award in the category of Social Innovation (2008)
- Recipient of the Best Case Study Award, National Research Paper Contest, organized by NMIMS (2006 & 2007)
- Recipient of the Best Faculty Award, Bombay Management Association, (2005)
- Recipient of the Best Faculty Award, NMIMS (2005)