Academic and Professional Qualification
- PG Diploma in Business Management (Marketing & Systems), XLRI-Jamshedpur, 1984
- B. Sc.(Engineering), Mechanical, BIT Mesra, Ranchi 1979
His career path has moved in organizations like Tata Steel, PwC, HCL, Ispat Industries, Ranbaxy and Welspun Group in India with Senior Management Positions (Global CIO /Global CHRO and similar positions) in all companies with a global presence and multi geographical and multi-cultural environment.
Expertise:-Business transformation through technology (managing the RUN, GROW & TRANSFORM), Change Management & Cultural integration cutting across geographies and countries.
Mukund is also into Leadership coaching as a CEO Coach and is a Certified professional coach trained by CLI International, Canada and Marshall goldsmith’s stakeholder’s centred coaching.
- Information Technology, Technology applications for business
- Business analytics
- Digital Transformation of business
- Enterprise architecture & IT Strategy
- Digital platforms and data monetization
- Marketing of IT Products and services
- Technology ventures
- IT strategic Outsourcing
- Product Management
- Performance Management
- HR Strategy
- Marketing Information Systems
- Corporate Governance etc
Teaching Experience: - 5 years
Teaching and pedagogical Innovations
- Director – Group HR Business Transformation & Group CIO, Welspun Group Mumbai, Since July’2009
- Director – Global Business Solutions, Ranbaxy Gurgaon, Dec’2007-July’2009
- President & CIO, Ispat Industries, Mumbai, July’2004 – Dec’2007
- Chief Information Officer, HCL Pvt. Ltd., Noida, Nov’1998-March’2000 & Jul’2001-Jul’2004
- Principal Consultant, PWC, New Delhi, Mar’2000-Jul’2001
- Designation, TATA Steel, Calcutta and Jamshedpur, Jan’1979-Jan’1986 & Nov’1991-Nov’1998
- Marketing Manager, Parle Exports, Mumbai, Jan’1986-Nov’1991
- Best CIO of India Award, Asian confederation of industries, 2012
- Global CIO Award 2011
- CIO 100 Award thrice (2005, 2011 & 2013), IDG Group
- Top ten CIO of India Award for five consecutive years, CIO Association of India measured by peer recognition among Indian CIO’s, 2009-2013
- Merit of being recognized as a speaker in CIO Asia and CIO India level by training organizations like Marcus Evans and GDS, SAP and Microsoft international conferences
- Holds the distinction of contributing in Gartner’s research journal and University of Berkey’s Hass school of business journals about his accomplishments which was in their website from 2011-2015.
- Responsible for Creation of Shared services, Program and portfolio management capabilities, Process improvement & automation and Corporate governance within the group companies.
His main thrust areas were
a) Creation and execution of HR & IT Strategy at the conglomerate level.
b) Talent Management & Retention
c) Performance Management: Developing culture of Accountability and Differentiation