Dr. Preeti Khanna is a faculty of Information systems in School of Business Management, SVKM’s NMIMS, Mumbai. She is affiliated to Operations and Data Sciences area in School of Business Management, NMIMS. She had completed her PhD in the area of Computer Science and Engineering (CSE), in the domain of human-computer interaction under the supervision of Dr. M SasiKumar (Senior Director) of CDAC Mumbai. Before this, she is having M.Tech (CSE) and M.Sc (Physics) from Delhi University.
Academic and Professional Qualification
- PhD (Computer Science and Engineering), in the area of Human Computing with CDAC Director, NMIMS 2012
- M.Tech (Computer Science and Engineering), Kurukshetra University, December 2001
- M.Sc (Physics), Delhi University, 2000
- B.Sc (Physics), Delhi University, 1998
Here presents the set of the courses which is being taught to the various students -
- Present Elective Course for MBA Core opted by students
- Social Media and Web Analytics
- IoT and Emerging Technologies
- Big Data Strategy and Technology Innovation
- AI and its Applications in Business
Present First Year Course for MBA Pharma and MBA Law students
- Internet, e-business, and Cyber laws
- Information System for Management
Present First-Year Courses for MBA Core students
- Technology Application for Business
- Business Analytics
- Enterprise Architecture and IS Strategy
Past Electives Course taught
- Business Intelligence
- Database Management Systems
- Computer Applications in Finance
- IT Service Management
- Enterprise Resource Planning
Expertise and Research Interest
No. of citations
Citations – 156
h-index – 5
i-10 -index - 3
Research Gate https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Preeti_Khanna
(last five/six years)
- Preeti Khanna, Arunima Haldar, (2022-23), Will adoption of blockchain technology be challenging: evidence from Indian banking industry, Qualitative Research in Financial Markets, ABDC "B", Scopus, https://doi.org/10.1108/QRFM-01-2022-0003
- Ashu Sharma, Preeti Khanna, (2019-20) Relevance of adopting emerging technologies in outbound supply chain: new paradigm for cement industry, Operations and Supply Chain Management, Operations and Supply Chain Management Forum, Vol 13, Issue 2, pp – 341-361, (P) 1979-3561 (O) 1979-3871, ABDC "C", Scopus http://doi.org/10.31387/oscm0410263
- Preeti Khanna, G Ravi Teja Reddy, E Chandrasekhar, (2019-20), Block chain Technology in Financial Industry, Pensee, Espaces Marx, Vol – 50, Issue 11, pp. 304-309, NOV 2020, ISSN: 0031-4773, Scopus, UGC, Web of Science https://app.box.com/s/3zp14o0ht391zfc2a8a2atxm4w8k7osb
- Preeti Khanna, E Chandrasekhar, G Ravi Teja Reddy, (2020-21), Study of Usage of AI and Machine Learning in Agriculture: Prospects and Challenges, AIMA Journal of Management & Research, AIMA Publication, February 2021, Volume 15, Issue 1/4, ISSN 0974-497, UGC, https://apps.aima.in/ejournal_new/articlesPDF/4-Dr-Preeti-Khanna.pdf
- Preeti Khanna, Sumi Jha, (2021-22), Can IoT Boosts Organizational Productivity?” A Study of Employees’ Perceptions using a Mixed Method Approach, South Asian Journal of Management, Association of Management Development Institutions in South Asia (AMDISA), Vol. 28, Issue 2, pp.137-163, 0971-5428, ABDC "C", UGC https://www.proquest.com/docview/2573884315?pq-origsite=gscholar&fromopenview=true
- Ashu Sharma and Preeti Khanna (2020), “Emerging Technologies in Outbound Supply Chain: New Paradigm for Cement Industry” in Operations and Supply Chain Management: An International Journal, Volume 13, Issues 2, 2020 (Scopus and C category from ABDC listing), DOI: http://doi.org/10.31387/oscm0410263
- Sumi Jha and Preeti Khanna (2020), "Study of enhancing employee engagement at workplace by adopting internet of things," International Journal of Business and Systems Research, Inderscience Enterprises Ltd, vol. 14(3), pages 341-361. (Scopus, UGC, Proquest)
- Preeti Khanna and Ashu Sharma (2017), “Integrating SCM with Internet of Things: Implication on HR Management”, ICC second edition conference News: published by ACM (Association for Computing Machinery) Digital Library, Proceeding ICC’17 Proceedings of the Second International Conference on Internet of Things and Cloud Computing, Cambridge United Kingdom – March 22-23, 2017, ACM New York, NY, USA (ACM Proceedings)
- Kirtida Naik, Abhiiit Joshi, Preeti Khanna, and Narendra Shekokar (2017), “A Model to Analyse Social Media Data to Gain a Competitive Edge”, Page(s):1 – 6; 978-1-5386-4008-1/17/$31.00 ©2017 IEEE; 2017 International Conference on Computing, Communication, Control and Automation (ICCUBEA); pages: 1 – 6 (IEEE Proceedings)
- Joyce Yoseph Lemos, Abhijit Joshi, Preeti Khanna, Narendra Shekokar (2017), “Application for selecting dynamic optimum path parameters in Routing Network using School Bus Routing Problem”, International Conference on Computing, Communication, Control And Automation (ICCUBEA); (IEEE Proceedings)
- Preeti Khanna and Sandeep Desai (2017), “Implementing an ERP System in a Multi-Business Company in India: The Case of MBPEL”, The South Asian Journal of Management (SAJM), Volume 24, Issue No. 3, October, 2017 (ISBN 0971-5428) (C Category from ABDC listing, and Scopus)
- Preeti Khanna and Brinda Sampat (2015), "Factors Influencing Online Shopping During Diwali Festival 2014: Case Study of Flipkart and Amazon.In," Journal of International Technology and Information Management: 24(2), Article 5. (JITIM, ISSN: 1543-5962), (C category from ABDC and Scopus)
- Preeti Khanna and M. Sasikumar (2014), “Emotion Profiling: Ingredient for Rule based Emotion Recognition Engine”, Global Journal of Computer Science and Technology: F, Type: Double Blind Peer Reviewed International Research Journal, Graphics & Vision Volume 14(3) Version 1.0 Year 2014 Online ISSN: 0975-4172 & Print ISSN: 0975-4350 (EBSCO, Proquest, Cabell)
- Preeti Khanna (2014), "Affective Computing: SMART Interactions of Machines with Humans", International Journal of Engineering Trends and Technology (IJETT), 12 (9), 480-485, June 2014. ISSN: 2231-5381. (Scopus, Google Scholar)
Conferences and Workshops
(last five/six years)
- Preeti Khanna and Ashu Sharma, “Integrating SCM with Internet of Things: Implication on HR Management”, International Conference on Internet of Things, Data and Cloud Computing (ICC 2017 in Cambridge city, Churchill College. University of Cambridge, United Kingdom. 22-23 March 2017.
- Preeti Khanna - Participation in Short Term Course on Data Sciences. 3 days FDP on ‘Using R for Data Visualization and Analytics’ from 20 – 22 April, 2017 at Centre for Development of Advanced Computing, Mumbai.
- Preeti Khanna - Participation in Short Term Course on Data Sciences. 3-day FDP on ‘Text Analytics’ from 18 – 20 May, 2017 at Centre for Development of Advanced Computing, Mumbai.
- Preeti Khanna - Participation in Short Term Course on Data Sciences. 3-day FDP on ‘Predictive Analytics and Recommender Systems’ from 15 - 17 June, 2017 at Centre for Development of Advanced Computing, Mumbai.
- Research project for ME students in the area of “Design a model to analyze social media data to gain a competitive edge”, from Aug 2015 to Aug 2017.
- Research project for ME students in the area of “Design a smart and intelligent routing network using optimization techniques” from Aug 2015 to Aug 2017.
Contribution to Community
Service to the school
- Head of Student Activity and Development Committee (SADC) : (Academic year 2010 to 2015)
- Head of Student Sports Committee (2010 to 2015)
- Past Member of Alumni Cell Selection Committee
- Past Member of Senior Placement Selection Committee
- Past Member of Student’s Award Committee
- Past Member of Anti Ragging Committee
Service to the Academic and Professional Community
- Member of Editorial Board/Reviewer Committee: Reviewer for 'International Journal of Computer Science and Information Security, IJCSIS Technical Committee
- Invited as a Member in Reviewer Committee Board of 7th International conference on Innovative Computing Technology (INTECH 2017) (for IEEE Xplore for indexing and Scopus and EI Indexed), 2017.
- Invited as a Member in Reviewer Board of SAGE Open – Scholar One (2017)
- Invited as a Member in Reviewer Committee for International Conference in Advanced Computing Technologies and Applications, (ICACTA 2015) (for Elsevier Science Direct), 2015.
- Member of Department of Advisory Board (DAB) of IT Department, DJSCE, Mumbai.
- Awarded a ‘Certificate of Appreciation’ for outstanding performance for the academic year 2012-13 at School of Business Management, SVKM’s NMIMS during convocation on 20th April, 2013.
- Recipient of the Scholarship from 'Andrew Towl Endowment Fund' for the Global Colloquium on Participant-Centered Learning - GLOCOLL-2013’ at Harvard Business School, Bostan, July 2013.