Dr. Sagnik Bagchi
Academic and Professional Qualification
- Assistant Professor
Academic and Professional Qualification
- Ph.D. , Department of Humanities and Social Sciences, Indian Institute of Technology Bombay.
- M.Phil (Humanities and Social Sciences), , Department of Humanities and Social Sciences, Indian Institute of Technology Bombay.
- M.Sc (Economics), , Department of Economics, University of Calcutta.
- B.Sc (Economics Honours), , Ramakrishna Mission Residential College, Narendrapur; University of Calcutta.
Honors and Awards
- Financial Assistance Received from Indian Council of Social Science Research under Travel Grant Scheme for oral presentation of the paper titled “Which Market Structures Give Rise to India’s Intra-Industry Trade?” in 15th Australasian Trade Workshop in Australian National University, Canberra, March 21-22, 2020.
- Session’s Best Presentation for the paper titled “Determinants of India’s Vertical and Horizontal Intra-Industry Trade.” in conference organized by University of Sri Jayewardenpura and Warmadewa University, Colombo: Sri Lanka .
- National Eligibility Test for Lectureship in Economics, UGC .
- Principles of Economics
- Business Research Methods
- Assistant Professor, School of Business Management, Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies, Mumbai. April 2023 onwards.
- Assistant Professor, Department of Humanities and Social Sciences, The LNM Institute of Information Technology, Jaipur. January 2019 – April 2023.
- Faculty Associate, Finance Area, T. A. Pai Management Institute, Manipal. August 2018 – December 2018
- Determinants of Intra-Industry Trade in India
- International Trade
- Industrial Economics
- Institutional Economics
- Applied Econometrics
Refereed Journal Articles
- Bagchi, Sagnik¸ S. Majumder and S. Banerjee. 2023. “Institutions Determine Debt–Growth Relationship: Evidence from Fourth Wave of Debt in EMDEs” International Economic Journal, pp. 1-25. https://doi.org/10.1080/10168737.2023.2184845
- Bagchi, Sagnik and S. Bhattacharyya. “Are Export Earnings from India’s Bilateral Intra-Industry Trade with the US and China Robust Enough?” International Journal of Development Issues, Vol. 20 Issue 3, pp. 374-392.https://doi.org/10.1108/IJDI-02-2021-0045
- Bagchi, Sagnik and S. Bhattacharyya. 2021. “Industry-Level Determinant’s of India’s Vertical and Horizontal IIT” Indian Economic Review, Vol. 56 Issue 1, pp. 113-145. https://doi.org/10.1007/s41775-021-00107-8
- Majumder, S., and Sagnik Bagchi. 2021. “Merchandise Trade Flow and Economic Growth: The Post WTO Era of India.” Artha Vijnana, 63 Issue 1, pp. 88-103. https://www.i-scholar.in/index.php/ArthaVij/article/view/208213
- Bagchi, Sagnik and S. Bhattacharyya. 2019. “Country-Specific Determinants of Intra-Industry Trade in India.” Foreign Trade Review, Vol. 54 Issue 3, pp. 129-58. https://doi.org/10.1177/0015732519851630
- Bagchi, Sagnik, S. Bhattacharyya, and K. Narayanan. 2015. “Anti-dumping Initiations in Indian Manufacturing Industries.” South Asia Economic Journal, Vol. 16 Issue 2, pp. 278-94.https://doi.org/10.1177/1391561415598462
- Bagchi, Sagnik, S. Bhattacharyya, and K. Narayanan. 2014. “Does Anti-dumping Enforcement Generate Threat?” Foreign Trade Review, Vol. 49 Issue 1, pp. 31-44. https://doi.org/10.1177/0015732513515988
- Bagchi, Sagnik. 2014. “Dumping: An Analytical Exercise.” The Indian Journal of Economics, Vol. XIVC Issue 374, pp. 385-400.
- Bagchi, Sagnik. 2018. “Is Intra-Industry Trade Gainful? Evidence From Manufacturing Industries from India.” In Globalization of Technology, edited by N. S. Siddharthan and K. Narayanan, Ch. 10: 229-51, Singapore: Springer.https://doi.org/10.1007/978-981-10-5424-2_10
Case Studies Published
- Bagchi, Sagnik. 2023. “Introduction to Econometrics” SAGE Research Methods: Business. https://methods.sagepub.com/how-to-guide/introduction-to-econometrics
Articles in Popular Media
Bagchi, Sagnik and S. Bhattacharyya. 2021. “India’s Anti-dumping Activities: What’s at Stake?” Mainstream Weekly Vol. LIX Issue 27. http://mainstreamweekly.net/article11045.html
Journal Reviewer/ Editorial Services
- The International Trade Journal (Taylor & Francis Inc.)
- The Indian Economic Journal (Sage Publications)
- Foreign Trade Review (Sage Publications)
- International Business and Management Review (Sage Publications)
- Does Institutional Quality Matter for the Debt-Growth Relationship in EMDEs? Evidence from the Fourth Wave of Debt (with S.B. Majumder and S. Banerjee), at 8th Conference on Empirical Issues International Trade and Finance, IIFT Delhi and Annual General Conference on Contemporary Issues of Development Economics, Jadavpur University, December 2022.
- What Does the Prebisch-Singer Hypothesis Reveal in the Context of India’s Intra-Industry Trade with USA and China? 19th World Congress of the International Economic Association, July 2-6, 2021 [Online].
- Does Export Curb Policies of COVID-19 Critical Products Matter? Example from India (with S. B. Majumder), at 2nd Rajagiri Conference on Economics and Finance, Rajagiri Business School, India, November 5-6, 2021 [Online].
- Industry Level Determinants of Intra-Industry Trade in India 6th IIFT Conference on Empirical Issues in International Trade & Finance, IIFT Delhi, India, December 13-14, 2018.
Faculty Development Programmes
- AICTE Training and Learning Academy Online Elementary Faculty Development Program on “Analysis of Categorical Data” at International Management Institute, Bhubaneshwar, November 2021.
- AICTE Training and Learning Academy Online Elementary Faculty Development Program on “Management” at Department of Management, University of North Bengal, December 2021.