Doctor of Philosophy (Management Studies)
School of Business Management, NMIMS Mumbai -2016
PGDBM (Marketing and Finance)
B-Tech (Civil Engineering)
Indian Institute of Technology, Mumbai-1995
ACADEMIC EXPERIENCE (10+ years)
(I) School of Business Management, NMIMS, January 2010 – to date;
Designation: Associate Professor (January 2010 – to date)
Designation: Associate Professor & Area Chairperson - Marketing (August 2010 – May 2017)
INDUSTRY EXPERIENCE (12 years)
(II) Standard Chartered Bank, August 2004 – December 2009; Tenure: 5 years
Was a part of the Consumer Banking division and held the following positions over the tenure
- Product Head – Mortgages
- Product Head – Current Accounts and Program Manager, Priority Banking
- Program Manager, Priority Banking
- Product Manager- Fixed Deposits, Fee Income & Business Analytics
(III) ABN AMRO Bank – May 1998 to July 2004; Tenure: 6 years
Was a part of the Consumer Banking division and held the following positions over the tenure.
- Relationship Manager, Van Gogh Preferred Banking
- Sales Manager- Deposit Products
- Product Manager- Deposit Products
- Manager, Consumer Marketing
(IV) Mahindra-British Telecom Ltd., Mumbai, July 1995 to June 1996; Tenure: 1 year
Was a Software Engineer involved in the analysis, design, and development and testing of software on an IBM mainframe using MVS/ESA. Telecom support software in COBOL, CICS where the DBMS was DB2.
- Sales Management
- Business to Business Marketing
- Sales Promotions
- Marketing of Financial Services
- PhD seminar in Marketing
- Capstone Business Simulation
Expertise and Research Interest
Research Interests: Investor Behavior, Consumer Brand Engagement, Sales Management, Marketing of Financial Services, Sales Promotions
Number of citations
Google Scholar: 45
Peer Reviewed Journals
- Srivastava, M. & Sivaramakrishnan. (accepted for publication) The impact of eWOM on Consumer Brand Engagement, Marketing Intelligence and Planning. [ABDC “A” category]
- Srivastava, M., Sivaramakrishnan, S. & Saini, G. (accepted for publication) The relationship between Electronic Word-of-mouth and Consumer Engagement: An exploratory study. IIM Kozhikode Society and Management Review. [ABDC “C” category]
- Srivastava, M. & Sivaramakrishnan, S. (2020). Exploring the triad of eWOM, eWOM generator engagement and consumer engagement. Journal of Management Research, 20(1), 34-46. [ABDC-C/2018 List]
- Sivaramakrishnan, S. & Srivastava, Mala (2019). Financial Well-being, Risk Avoidance and Stock Market Participation, International Journal of Financial Services Management, 9 (4), 326-344 [ABDC “C” category]
- Bali, A., Kachwala T.T., Sivaramakrishnan, S. (2019). An Assessment of the Impact of Karma Yoga on Performance in Teams, South Asian Journal of Management, 26 (3) [ABDC “C” category]
- Bali, A., Kachwala T.T., Sivaramakrishnan, S. (2019). Aparigraha- Is it good for organisations? International Journal of Management Concepts and Philosophy, 12(3), 360-384 [ABDC “C” category/2018 List]
- Sivaramakrishnan, S. (2017). Managing the Sales Team at Balram Beverages– Case Analysis. Vision - The Journal of Business Perspective, 21 (4), 479-481. [ABDC “C” category]
- Sivaramakrishnan, S., Srivastava, M. and Rastogi, A. (2017). Attitudinal Factors, Financial Literacy, and Stock Market Participation, International Journal of Bank Marketing, Emerald Publications, 35 (5), 818-841. [ABDC “A” category]
- Sivaramakrishnan, S. (2016). LPB, Stopping Territory Infringement – Case Analysis, Vision: The Journal of Business Perspective, 20(3), 256–258. [ABDC “C” category]
- Sivaramakrishnan, S., Radhakrishnan, A., (2016). Swosti Foods: Decoding Distributor Financial Metrics - Case Analysis. Vision: The Journal of Business Perspective, 20(2), 152–154. [ABDC “C” category]
- Sivaramakrishnan, S., Ray S. & Goswami, P (forthcoming). EcoFemme Cloth Pads: Reaching Rural Women. London, Ontario: Ivey Publishing, Western University.
- Sivaramakrishnan, S., Krishna, A., (2017). QualityKiosk: Drawing up a sales strategy. London, Ontario: Ivey Publishing, Western University.
- Sivaramakrishnan, S., Bhide, M (2017). Aileron Lighting – The Sales Promotion Question. Emerald Emerging Markets Case Studies Collection, Emerald Publications.
- Sivaramakrishnan, S., Thapar, G., Gattani, V., Chatterjee, A. (2014). Wipro Consumer Care: Merchandising for Success. London, Ontario, Canada, Ivey Publishing, Western University.
- Sivaramakrishnan, S., (2014), Asclepius Consulting: The Sales Force Dilemma, London, Ontario, Canada, Ivey Publishing, Western University.
|USV Limited||Sales Management||2016|
|SMG Convonix||Marketing Management||2015|
|Ambuja Cement||Basics of Sales Management||2013|
|Ambuja Cement||Basics of Sales Management||2012|
|Novartis India Ltd.||Managing your First Level Sales Managers||2012|
|Lupin Laboratories||Sales and Distribution Management||2010|
|Mercedes Benz India Ltd.||Industrial Marketing||2010|
|Dr. Reddy’s Laboratories||Sales Management||2010|
Contribution to Community
- Have guided one student to a completed PhD. (Mukta Srivastava; Topic: Influence of Electronic Word of Mouth (eWOM) on consumer engagement. Am currently guiding 2 more students for their PhDs. (1 is close to submission, 1 is ready to present her proposal)
- Was member of the PhD and research committee at the School of Business Management, NMIMS
- Was member of the inaugural Editorial Advisory Board for the Emerald Emerging Markets Case collection.
- Ad-hoc reviewer for journals like the International Journal of Bank Marketing, Applied Economic Letters, Marketing Intelligence and Planning, Social Science Quarterly, the FIIB Business Review and case collections like the IIM Indore Case Clearing House.
- As Area Chairperson, helped develop and launch industry led courses on Digital Marketing with Google and Integrated Marketing Communications with Lowe Lintas.
- Adjudged “Best Faculty - overall” at the School of Business Management, NMIMS in 2018.
- Conferred the Best PhD Thesis Award, Prestige International Conference, Prestige Institute for Management and Research, Indore, India in 2017
- Adjudged “Best Faculty for Teaching excellence” at the School of Business Management, NMIMS in 2016.
- Was Area Chairperson for the Marketing area when it was adjudged the “Best Functional Area” at the School of Business Management, NMIMS in 2012 and in 2017.
Media and Coverage
Articles in Newspapers
- Sivaramakrishnan, S. (2017). More and more disclosures may not benefit the investors. Mumbai: Mint, Hindustan Times.
- Sivaramakrishnan, S. (2015). After Net neutrality, now how about bank neutrality. Mumbai: Mint, Hindustan Times.
- Sivaramakrishnan, S. (2015). Giving NPS the retail push. Mumbai: Mint, Hindustan Times.
- Sivaramakrishnan, S. (2010). There is never a “ best time ” to buy a house. DNA. Mumbai.
- Sivaramakrishnan, S. (2010). Use the tax code to your advantage. DNA. Mumbai.
- Sivaramakrishnan, S. (2010). Homing in on the right portfolio management service for you. DNA. Mumbai.