SUBRAMANIA RAJU RAJASULOCHANA
Associate Professor Economics
Dr Rajasulochana is a passionate academician with a great interest in health economics and health policy and systems research. She believes in linking research with practice to accelerate the development and delivery of health services in India. Her focus is on studying the healthcare industry and public health policies and analysing contemporary issues in the healthcare sector. Her core skills include econometrics, cost and budget impact analyses, the cost-effectiveness of health care interventions, equity issues and health policy analysis. She has presented papers in several reputed conferences and published in peer-reviewed national and international journals.
- PhD. (Health Economics), Indian Institute of Technology Madras, 2014
- MA (Economics), University of Mumbai, 1998
- BA (Economics), SIES College of Arts, Science & Commerce, Sion (West), University of Mumbai, 1996
- MBA: Courses on Microeconomics, Macroeconomics, Economics for Managers, Economic Policy Analysis & Managerial Economics
- MPH/MBA (Healthcare Management): Health Economics & Economic Evaluation of Health care.
- BA (Bachelors): Microeconomics, Macroeconomics, Public Finance
- MA (Masters): Public Economics
- Associate Professor of Economics, School of Business Management, SVKM’s NMIMS (Deemed to be University), Mumbai, India, May 2022 – present
- Health Economist, Health Technology Assessment India(HTAIn), Jawaharlal Institute of Post Graduate Medical Education and Research, Puducherry, October 2020 -March 2022.
- Senior Scientist, Centre for Technology and Policy (CTaP), Indian Institute of Technology Madras, Chennai, March 2020 - June 2020.
- Assistant Professor of Economics, Area of Finance, Economics and Account, T.A Pai Management Institute Manipal, Karnataka, July 2014 - January 2020.
- Guest Faculty at Prassana school of Public Health, Manipal, Karnataka, January 2019- June 2019.
- Lecturer of Economics, Department of Economics, Loyola College, Chennai, June 2007- July 2009.
TEACHING AND PEDAGOGICAL INNOVATIONS
- Rajasulochana, S. R., Heggede, S., & Jadhav, A. M. (2019). Student-managed investment course: A learner-centric approach to investment management. Cogent Economics & Finance, 7(1), 1699390.DOI: 10.1080/23322039.2019.1699390
- Rajasulochana, S. R., & Ganesh, S. S. (2019). Is assessing learning outcomes a trade-off in experiential learning? Integrating field visit with managerial economics course. International Review of Economics Education, 32, 100169. DOI:10.1016/J.IREE.2019.100169
CASE STUDIES PUBLISHED
- Subramania Raju Rajasulochana, (2017), Microeconomics of Coronary Stents Pricing, The Case Centre UK, Case Reference no. 217-0076-1 https://www.thecasecentre.org/main/products/view?id=146134
- Rajeswari Aghoram, S Mathan Kumar, Rajasulochana Subramania Raju, Sitanshu Sekhar Kar, Rakesh Aggarwal, (2022), Cost utility analysis of dabigatran and warfarin for stroke prevention among patients with Non-Valvular Atrial Fibrillation in India (S12. 005), Neurology, LIPPINCOTT WILLIAMS & WILKINS, ISSN: 0028-3878, 1526-632X, Scopus, Web of Science.
- Girija Vaidyanathan, Muraleedharan V. R., Sundararaman T., Umakant Dash, Rajesh M., Alok Ranjan, Babu R., Hariharan Iyer, Rajasulochana S. R., Maulik Chokshi, Tushar Mokashi, Arun Nair, (2022), Innovations in Primary Healthcare: A Review of Initiatives to Promote Maternal Health in Tamil Nadu, Journal of Health Management, SAGE Publications, VOL.24, Issue.1, ISSN: 0972-0634,0973-0729, Scopus, Web Of Science
- Topp SM, Schaaf M, Sriram V, Scott K, Dalglish SL, Nelson EM, Rajasulochana SR Mishra A, Asthana S, Parashar R, Marten R, Costa JCQ, Sacks E, Rajeev BR, Reyes KAV, Singh, S., (2021), Power analysis in health policy and systems research: a guide to research conceptualization, BMJ Global Health, BMJ PUBLISHING GROUP, Vol.6, Issue 11, ISSN: 2059-7908, Web of Science
- Subramania Raju Rajasulochana, Sitanshu Sekhar Kar, (2021), Economic burden associated with Stroke in India: Insights from National Sample Survey 2017-18, Expert Review of Pharmacoeconomics & Outcomes Research, Taylor & Francis Online, Vol.22, Issue.3, pp.455-463, ISSN: 1473-7167, 1744-8379, ABDC "C", Scopus, Web of Science
- Subramania Raju Rajasulochana, Dayashankar Maurya, (2020), Lessons from Healthcare PPP’s in India, International Journal of Rural Management, SAGE Publications, Vol.16, Issue 1, ISSN: 9730-052, Scopus
- Subramania Raju Rajasulochana, Po-Chi Chen, (2019), Efficiency and Productivity changes in the presence of undesirable outcomes in Emergency Obstetric and Newborn Care, Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, Volume 41, Issue 5, September–October 2019, Pages 905-925, ISSN: 0161-8938, 1873-8060, ABDC "A", Scopus, Web of Science, Impact Factor: 1.254
- Subramania Raju Rajasulochana, Domenica Matranga, (2018), Assessing congestion in emergency obstetric care in public hospitals in Tamil Nadu, Benchmarking: An International Journal, Emerald Group Publishing, Vol. 25 No. 7, pp. 2427-2440, ISSN: 1463-5771, 1758-4094, ABDC "B", Scopus, Web of Science
- Subramania Raju Rajasulochana, Daya Shankar Maurya, (2018), 108 in Crisis: Complacency and Compromise Undermine Emergency Services' Potential, Economic and Political Weekly, Athena Information Solutions Pvt. Ltd., Vol. 53, Issue No. 25, 23 Jun, 2018, ISSN: 0012-9976, 2349-8846, ABDC "B", Scopus
- Subramania Raju Rajasulochana, Umakant Dash, (2018), Performance of CEmONC Centres in Public Hospitals of Tamil Nadu: A Case Study, Journal of Health Management, SAGE Publications, Vol 20, Issue 3, pp.1-15, ISSN: 0972-0634, 0973-0729, Scopus, Web of Science
- Veena Sriram, Stephanie M Topp, Marta Schaaf, Arima Mishra, Walter Flores, Subramania Raju Rajasulochana, Kerry Scott, (2018), 10 best resources on power in health policy and systems in low- and middle-income countries, Health Policy and Planning, Oxford University Press, Volume 33, Issue 4, May 2018, Pages 611–621, ISSN: 0268-1080, 1460-2237, Scopus, Web of Science
CONFERENCES AND WORKSHOPS
- Rajasulochana. S and SS Kar. ‘Economic burden associated with Stroke in India: Insights from National Sample Survey 2017-18’ at the 65th Annual National Conference of Indian Public Health Association (IPHACON 2021), 23rd-26th September 2021, Puducherry (Best Paper Award in the NCD category).
- Rajasulochana. S and Jeevan A. ‘Evolving Pharmaceutical Ecosystem in India: (Re) Balancing Conflicts of Interests’ at the Sixth Global Symposium on Health Systems Research 2020, 8-12 November 2020, Dubai (Virtual).
CONTRIBUTION TO COMMUNITY
- Conducted Leadership Assessment & Development Center (LADC) Advisory between 2018 and 2020 for over 100 PGDM students at TAPMI.
- Best Paper Award in the NCD category at the 65th Annual National Conference of Indian Public Health Association (IPHACON 2021), 23rd-26th September 2021, Puducherry.
- TAPMI Director’s Commendation Award for contribution towards Research in 2018-19.
MEDIA AND COVERAGE
- IHSC Policy brief - Innovations in maternal and child health services in Tamil Nadu https://ihsc.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/06/IHSC_Policy-Brief_05IITM_26062021.pdf
- Why and what a medical student should know about costing of health services? https://www.lexiconin.com/121/why-and-what-a-medical-student-should-know-about-the-cost-of-health-services/
- Rising non-performing assets in Indian Public-Sector banks require professional Management https://www.siliconindiamagazine.com/magazine/international-tour-operators-and-gujarat-resorts-special-july-2018/#page=28
- Why India needs to adopt Circular Economy?https://www.siliconindiamagazine.com/magazine/wealth-management-consultants-special-september-2018/#page=14