Email : email@example.com
Academic and Professional Qualification
- PhD in English (2023), Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay, India
- MPhil in English (2015) University of Hyderabad
- MA in English and Comparative Literature (2012) Pondicherry University
- BA (English 2010) Calicut University
- Guest Lecturer at Mercy College, Palakkad (7th October 2012- 31 March 2013)
- Teaching Assistant at IIT Bombay (2nd January 2015 -31 December 2020)
- Research Associate at IIT Bombay (2nd January 2023-14th March 2023)
- Assistant Professor at Thakur College of Engineering and Technology (15th March 2023- current)
- Hunted and Exhibited: Wild Animals and Kingship in Mysore
- Animal History, Postcolonial Studies, Culture Studies, Indian Writing in English
- “On the deification of Guruvayur Kesavan: making of an animal religious subject through cultural productions” in The SOAS Elephant Reader (2021, 113–116). ISBN 978-0-906305-16-4
- “Shooting a Tiger: Big-Game Hunting and Conservation in Colonial India” in Conservation and Society 17, 2019.
- Nurturing Ecological Consciousness in Children through Time-Slip Fantasy: An Analysis of L.M. Boston’s The Stones of Green Knowe” in Indian Journal of Postcolonial Literatures 14 (1), 324–33.
- “Stuffed Animals Speak: The role of the state in the birth and growth of taxidermy in India” The Historical Journal, Cambridge University Press (Under Review).
- “Tiger Shikars: The Wodeyars’ Construction of a Rajput Identity through Sport” Modern Asian Studies, Cambridge University Press (Under Review)
Conference Paper Presented
- “The Maharaja’s Zoo: Wild animals in princely power negotiations in the British Empire” presented - Reframing Empire: Imperialism, Anti-Imperialism and their Legacies in Public History, a conference conducted by Queen’s University, Belfast in December 2019.
- “The Griffin and the Nouker in the Colonial Domestic Space: A Study of Behind the Bungalow” presented - 2nd international conference Servants’ Pasts, 16th – 20th Century, in April 2018, Berlin. The conference is funded by the European Research Council (ERC-2014-StG) project, ‘Domestic Servants in Colonial India’.
- Teaching Fellow at IIT Bombay (2015-2020)
- Qualified UGC-NET in 2012
- Charles Wallace India Trust Fellow 2018 (short-term visit to UK)
- Maulana Azad National Fellowship (2015)